What's the strangest/silliest thing that's happened to you lately?

katakatica

Autumn is truly here.

Here, in Stockholm it's mercilessly cold (...okay, maybe not that bad...) and pretty gloomy in general, which is definitely making it harder to leave the house. However, now that I have my desk set up (when my set-up is done fully I'll show it off!) it's been... pretty nice. I've been thinking of what to talk about and couldn't help but wonder if anyone has gotten into any silly situations lately? 

For me... Well, it was more unfortunate, but our airfryer broke after two uses (the fan is loose, we can manage to fix it but will have the store do it). 

However, the truly silly thing happened yesterday when my (old) phone that I use for work just gave up - but in the most hilarious way. I was trying to read some stuff on it and it just started turning on/off - I was like, hm, battery issues? 

But then the moment it turned back on, it started trying to call emergency services. Now I can't even turn it off properly (it's off now, I think, after draining the battery), and it seems to be water damage to the screen but.. it was kind of freaky and hilarious. 

I might try putting it in rice (ha) as a last resort. It'd be nice to keep the old phone working but... I'm not too hopeful.

(we're also almost out of rice. again. 

I'm also on the hunt for fairylights, which has been fun (though I'll likely try to go in person when I'm out over the weekend :D) but yeah, things have been sort of silly lately! I'd love to know what's made you all smile (or snort/chuckle) lately so that we can share a bit of happiness as things get gloomy (or...rather hot in some parts of the globe.)

• Like 13

I was on vacation and a friend of mine were watering my plants and stuff like that.
When I came back, everything was normal, expect one little detail...
I have some small decorative stone/metal animals as souvenirs from vacations (lions, a small elephant...)
Well... The small elephant was becoming more curious over my vacation and started smelling the lions butt. 
😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Nothing strange or silly is going on in my life, but your post made me think about how old my phone is, and since I depend on it so much for my business, maybe I should consider upgrading.

It really depends. There really is not alot of need to upgrade a phone very often. Even older android versions for example are still great. They do have some security issues compared to newer versions and the user experience is better, but its mostly not a concern for the normal user. 
Buying a new phone every year or so is totally overrated and waste of money imo :]

• Like 6

1 hour ago, finndev478 said:

Buying a new phone every year or so is totally overrated and waste of money imo :]

My iPhone is five years old and works well enough. However, I would like one with a larger screen and more memory. I am waiting for the iPhone 14s to come out and maybe pick up a new 12 or 13 model.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, katakatica said:

However, the truly silly thing happened yesterday when my (old) phone that I use for work just gave up - but in the most hilarious way. I was trying to read some stuff on it and it just started turning on/off - I was like, hm, battery issues

Something similar happened three days ago.

I've been using my laptop for a few years and well, it really started acting up with the battery, slow processor and its inability to accept a windows update. I got tired of it because I could not wait until it's plugged in before I can use (due to the poor battery) so I went to buy a new laptop. Since I got the laptop, my old one has been performing decently and it hasn't even froze once!

The battery that barely held up to five minutes can last about an hour now. I feel really bad for just giving up on it but it still has to go. I don't think its still in the open market as it was manufactured in 2010.🥲

Currently typing with the old computer because I'm watching a movie with the new one.😂😂

• Like 4

5 hours ago, favourik said:

The battery that barely held up to five minutes can last about an hour now. I feel really bad for just giving up on it but it still has to go. I don't think its still in the open market as it was manufactured in 2010.🥲

Ah, that is qite sad! Though I guess it IS time for an upgrade in this case. I had the same thing happen with my headphones (it was probably a faulty charger in retrospect.) They just WOULDN'T.CONNECT.TO.ANYTHING. Went on for two weeks. I was desperate (I use them outside if I'm walking or just in general while working. I already have too many cables at my desk, so the extra for the headphones was annoying (at the time I had to move off the dinner table twice a day as I was working from there XD) Fastforward to me just trying them one last time right before ordering a new pair and - they are perfectly fine.

I did end up stealing the noisecancelling headphones from my partner for work now (we have people outside renovating the balcony and stuff) but at least I have my cute pink pair, dyed blue from my hair.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1