Advance partial payment before work from a client.

s_akram

Hi @s_akram, I usually just do that in the form of multiple orders.

If the entire project is $1,000, the first order is for $500 and the second for $500. You can divide up the order requirements accordingly. For example, if you want 50% upfront, you can put most of the order requirements on the second order. 

• Like 17
  • Up 7

48 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @s_akram, I usually just do that in the form of multiple orders.

If the entire project is $1,000, the first order is for $500 and the second for $500. You can divide up the order requirements accordingly. For example, if you want 50% upfront, you can put most of the order requirements on the second order.

Sounds brilliant.

• Like 16
  • Up 1

On 9/15/2022 at 11:37 PM, shahzad79211 said:

Actually there is no way we can charge the buyer an upfront payment as it's not the way the Fiverr or other platform work.

You can have multiple milestones for that which i used most of the time.

Hmm I heard about it before but from the perspective of getting scammed I think it's a bit safety for the sellers.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, s_akram said:

Or does it depends on personal negotiation? Like if I manage to Convience the buyer to pay partially in advance somehow?

A buyer pays ahead for any project you plan to do. The money, however, only gets transferred to the seller when the order is marked complete. So while the project is still ongoing, the money is technically with Fiverr. Its not necessarily "convincing the buyer" but it really is the rules. 

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 10
  • Up 3

• 2 weeks later...