Jump to content

Buyer being rude with me


pilipikachan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello! I am Pili and I'm new in the forum, I've been on Fiverr as a seller for 2 years, I always try to be friendly and polite with buyers, even if they are annoying, but I have an order from a buyer who is being so rude with me and I really want to cancel the order, but I am scared about the cancelation rate and how would affect to my profile.

The thing is the buyer placed an order yesterday and 30 minutes after that they were asking for updates, I kindly explained to them that I could not start their order in those 30 minutes. During the night I recieved a lot of rude messages, I was not responding them just because I was sleeping, so they continued sending messages on the regular inbox chat and the order's one, they are also accusing me of being late of something like that when I have a couple of days more to work on the order.

I am feeling so bad, opening the Fiverr dashboard is kinda scary to me because I do not want to see more rude messages. I tried to explain to them that the order has 3 days delivery and they were sending the messages during the night and I was not able to reply but they ignored it and continued asking for updates, If I do not respond every message they spam the chat with ''hello?'' and ''????''.

I think this time I should cancel this order, I do not feel confortable working on this order anymore and I feel like they are gonna wrote a bad valoration even If I do the work at time. Would this cancellation affect so bad to my profile? What would You do?

  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would cancel the order and talk to Customer Support. It may or may not affect your cancellation rate. But either way, working with someone with an attitude like that is not worth your time, unless you can look past how they've treated you but even so the buyer could end up leaving a bad review regardless. Anyhow, you can block the buyer as well after an order is cancelled/completed.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560198

Can I avoid a cancellation’s effect on my Order Completion Rate?
All cancellations, including those handled by Customer Support, can affect your OCR. On rare occasions (such as fraudulent purchases, buyers ordering by mistake, or the seller not having enough information to start working on an order) cancelation will be handled as to not affect your OCR. If your order is canceled under such circumstances, reach out to Customer Support to investigate the effect of the cancellation on your account.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I would cancel the order and talk to Customer Support. It may or may not affect your cancellation rate. But either way, working with someone with an attitude like that is not worth your time, unless you can look past how they've treated you but even so the buyer could end up leaving a bad review regardless. Anyhow, you can block the buyer as well after an order is cancelled/completed.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010560198

Can I avoid a cancellation’s effect on my Order Completion Rate?
All cancellations, including those handled by Customer Support, can affect your OCR. On rare occasions (such as fraudulent purchases, buyers ordering by mistake, or the seller not having enough information to start working on an order) cancelation will be handled as to not affect your OCR. If your order is canceled under such circumstances, reach out to Customer Support to investigate the effect of the cancellation on your account.

thank you for your reply! You are right, I think I should do it

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pilipikachan said:

thank you for your reply! You are right, I think I should do it

You absolutely should not let anybody talk to you like that. Just cancel, dont argue with them. State that their attitude was disrespectful and not on the professional level of mannerism that you'd like to work with.

Then contact the support. If they recognize the clients behaviour, they will be most likely help you and it will not have an effect on your profile.

  • Like 6
  • Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cancel, cancel and then, cancel some more!

I don't know what they are saying to you exactly, but using inappropriate language is against the ToS.

Get some screenshots and send them to customer support.

Even if they don't take the cancellation off your stats, this client would probably send you packing with negative public and private reviews anyway.

Take whatever you must from this lesson and move on!

0 tolerance for sociopaths. We are professional people and have to be respected as such.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

Cancel, cancel and then, cancel some more!

I don't know what they are saying to you exactly, but using inappropriate language is against the ToS.

Get some screenshots and send them to customer support.

Even if they don't take the cancellation off your stats, this client would probably send you packing with negative public and private reviews anyway.

Take whatever you must from this lesson and move on!

0 tolerance for sociopaths. We are professional people and have to be respected as such.

They didn't insult me or something like that. They were sending a lot of messages to get updates, even during night and if I didn't reply to their messages they started sending more and more messages, then they accused me of being a scammer for not sending updates on the first day.

I decided to cancel the order and block them.

18 hours ago, newsmike said:

So you are weighing the effect on your profile vs allowing someone to disrespect you? Seriously?  Put on those big boy/girl pants and learn to say:

I was scared but I decided to cancel the order last night and blocked the user

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...