Will cancellation make my gigs derank😥😥?

webtech302

29 minutes ago, webtech302 said:

my 4th orders will almost cancel base on some technical issue. I'm worried if it will affect my gigs or not

Hi @webtech302 - it depends on what the technical issue is. If it's due to buyer error, you can contact Customer Service to make sure it won't affect your seller statistics. You can contact them by creating a ticket here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/orders/current-orders/cancel-an-order/create-ticket

If the cancelation is due to your error, then it will affect your seller statistics.

• Like 31
  • Up 4

Yes, cancellation affects your profile. If you cancel an order, your Order Completion won't be 100% anymore. If you want to maintain your level, you have to keep the Order Completion above 90%. Stats are really important for your gig's ranking.

However, Order Completion is calculated over the last 60 days, so it will get back up to 100% if you avoid cancelling more orders.

I had to cancel 3 orders over the span of 6 months, one of them was for personal issues, while the other two happened because the buyers didn't have a clear idea of what they were actually looking for, and I felt like I was wasting my time by doing more revisions.

But even after cancelling these three orders, I kept receiving new orders every now and then. So as long as you don't overuse this feature, your gig is probably going to be alright.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, shariful512 said:

Yes, cancellation affects your profile. If you cancel an order, your Order Completion won't be 100% anymore. If you want to maintain your level, you have to keep the Order Completion above 90%. Stats are really important for your gig's ranking.

However, Order Completion is calculated over the last 60 days, so it will get back up to 100% if you avoid cancelling more orders.

I had to cancel 3 orders over the span of 6 months, one of them was for personal issues, while the other two happened because the buyers didn't have a clear idea of what they were actually looking for, and I felt like I was wasting my time by doing more revisions.

But even after cancelling these three orders, I kept receiving new orders every now and then. So as long as you don't overuse this feature, your gig is probably going to be alright.

Does this mean your account will not be affected if you as a seller cancel an order?

• Like 19
  • Up 1

32 minutes ago, oluwaseyiadesoj said:

Does this mean your account will not be affected if you as a seller cancel an order?

@oluwaseyiadesoj - look at my comment above (also below for easy reference):

4 hours ago, vickieito said:

it depends on what the technical issue is. If it's due to buyer error, you can contact Customer Service to make sure it won't affect your seller statistics. You can contact them by creating a ticket here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/orders/current-orders/cancel-an-order/create-ticket

If the cancelation is due to your error, then it will affect your seller statistics.

• Like 21

• 2 weeks later...

It may or it may not. It depends on two factors:

• How many orders you have completed compared to cancelled orders?
  • What is the worth of cancelled order?

If these factors are in the positive direction, than your gig's ranking might not only stay consistent but it can also rank higher. Best of luck. Never lose hope. 

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, enginer_karim said:

I think it will affect little bit, not massive.

It depends on how many orders you have. If you have 10 orders and cancel one of them, that's way worse when compared to someone processing 200 orders a month. You will have a 10% cancellation rate drop if you are the first person, whereas someone with 200 orders will just see a 0.5% cancellation rate drop. So yeah, a huge difference.

• Like 5