I'm 39 reviews away from 1k

artworkking

To be honest, I think the review has more value if it is posted on a volunteer basis. While I would certainly appreciate a review with every delivery, forcing people to post reviews cheapens the nature of a review. In addition, some buyers may not have felt their work deserves a glowing review, but they also don’t feel it deserves a negative review either. For buyers like that, a non-review is still a review. 🙂

I do agree with you Jon (same name as me, well done!) but have you bought from Fiverr (as well as being a seller?)

The times I have, I have been ‘forced’ to leave a 5 star review - by that, I mean that almost every one I have bought has stated something in line of “You should give me a five star review unless you need to contact me first to amend”.

Every time I post my work, I simply say “Thank you for using my services… I hope you are happy with my work”…

I’m with you Jon, but it doesn’t help with the fact I’ve done 1900 gigs and only 1200 reviews.

Cheers,

AK (Jon)

No one should be forcing anyone to give them a positive review. That’s unethical – and unprofessional. I’m like you, I encourage every buyer to leave a review when I deliver my work to them, but I leave it up to them to decide whether my work was top-notch or sub-par. That, in turn, gives me motivation to deliver work that is always undeniably top-notch.

I sympathize, though, in regards to the fact that not every great gig delivery ends up with a review. I’ve done work here on Fiverr for all sorts of people – from well-known and famous, to entrepreneurs just starting out with a new business venture. It would have been neat to know what all of them thought of the work I’ve done, but, alas, some of those gigs will just have to remain between me and the buyer (unless, of course, I see my work out there in the real world – now THAT would be one heck of a review! 😉 )

Archived