Only been here a few weeks!

aliciaarroyo6

I have only been on the platform for a few weeks but I am excited to get started and hopefully meet some people. I have about 15 years experience as a graphic designer and about 5 years as a social media expert.  

My goal is to be able to make this my full time job.  I am a single mom and I don't have much of a support system so I need some flexibility to raise my kids. I am hopeful that this will be the way... I am getting a bit discourage though.  So far the only messages that I get are spam messages. What is everyone else experience? How do you get real customers? Any help or feedback would be welcomed.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

Welcome! I have been on here a week, and all I get is spam messages right now. I wish you luck and hope you get some gigs. I am just sitting back and waiting for them, I do keep an eye on the Buying request, but they are spam it seems as well, but I have seen people get some decent gigs out of it. I hope all goes well for you.

Edited by levi925
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, aliciaarroyo6 said:

My goal is to be able to make this my full time job.  I am a single mom and I don't have much of a support system so I need some flexibility to raise my kids. I am hopeful that this will be the way... I am getting a bit discourage though.  So far the only messages that I get are spam messages. What is everyone else experience? How do you get real customers? Any help or feedback would be welcomed.

Welcome to the forum @aliciaarroyo6!

If you're planning on making this your full-time job, don't expect it to happen quickly. It takes time to build a business. Business also fluctuates each month, so you need to have extra in reserves to cover the months that you may have no orders or a few orders. I was lucky to be able to replace my day job fairly quickly and maintain a steady stream of orders. It has been great working from home and being present for my kids.

Spam is really bad here. The best thing to do is respond with a "Hi" or "No" and mark them as spam to block them. Don't waste your time talking with them.

I would leave the last two sentences out of your bio because it sounds like you are begging for work - instead, showcase your skills so that buyers will want to order from you!

Here's a great article to help you get started with your Fiverr business:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/282146-how-to-be-successful-on-fiverr-common-questions-answered-and-a-collection-of-great-posts-that-helped-me-achieve-trs/

• Like 9
  • Up 1

Thank you all for the feedback. I am glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing these things but it is unfortunate. 

I know it will take some time to gain customers, I guess I just don't know how to.  I plan on giving this platform a year and if I don't get many bookings I guess it just wasn't meant to be. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, aliciaarroyo6 said:

Thank you all for the feedback. I am glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing these things but it is unfortunate. 

I know it will take some time to gain customers, I guess I just don't know how to.  I plan on giving this platform a year and if I don't get many bookings I guess it just wasn't meant to be. 

@aliciaarroyo6 - I also didn't know how to get customers when I first started. I posted my first gig and thought the same thing, "I'll give it a year to let my Fiverr business grow." I really only planned on using this as supplemental income, but within several months, it became my main source of income. I spent my early days trying to make my gig attractive (especially working on my portfolio), and the buyers started to come in. As I got more reviews, it  got easier to get orders.

• Like 7