What do I do in this situation?

scycatto

Question

I always send the process of my drawing comissions to my customers so they can give me feedback before going to the next stage. I've stated in my Q&A that I don't make changes once the sketch has been approved by them (but I'll allow something minor or a slight colour change) so I don't always wait for their reply for the other stages pass the sketch. Anyway, the customer approved of the sketch, I sent the lineart and flat colour and have just finished the shading/final stage (which I haven't sent yet). They've now messaged asking me to make a major change (change the entire face and some other things) even though they approved of the sketch. I do sonic the hedgehog drawings, so it's very easily clear the face in the sketch wasn't what they now want, but they approved it anyway. I'm not sure what to do in this situation. If they asked for a refund because I won't change the face at this stage, should I give them one? (They still haven't responded so I'm unsure what they're going to ask next - but my anxiety is going to worst case scenario lol). I'm very new to selling and comissions, but I just find it kind of difficult as I've spent all day on this and have other comissions waiting.

• Like 54
  • Sad 3
  • Up 3

8 answers to this question

I suggest you to discuss with your buyer, share them the working system and show them how you made this clear in your gig details.
Offer them to rework on it for additional tasks or paid revision (may be you offer them less budget than usual for better business relationship).

I hope they can understand.
If not then it's up to you. if your gig details clear that you don't provide any revision/no revision once the sketch is approved, you can deny refund request and if needed reach customer support.

But again! I appreciate to discuss with buyer in details and make a better business relationship.

• Like 45
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, scycatto said:

Thank you, this is helpful! Thankfully they accepted it but this will be useful to remember for any future incidents. 🙂

If you think this is the right answer for your question, you can mark the answer so it can help others as well.

• Like 39

15 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

I suggest you to discuss with your buyer, share them the working system and show them how you made this clear in your gig details.
Offer them to rework on it for additional tasks or paid revision (may be you offer them less budget than usual for better business relationship).

I hope they can understand.
If not then it's up to you. if your gig details clear that you don't provide any revision/no revision once the sketch is approved, you can deny refund request and if needed reach customer support.

But again! I appreciate to discuss with buyer in details and make a better business relationship.

Thank you, this is helpful! Thankfully they accepted it but this will be useful to remember for any future incidents. 🙂

• Like 33
  • Congrats! 4

14 hours ago, seven_sign said:

If you think this is the right answer for your question, you can mark the answer so it can help others as well.

I think I've done it now, I'm new to this forum so wasn't sure which button it was 😂 Thanks again!

• Like 30
  • Up 2

As a new seller it's common to be worry about it. If you fullfil what you mentioned in your service then you can stand stay in your position. It's most important that always keep your client happy and satisfied. If you keep your client happy it's mean you may have more orders from them and it will help you to be professional. So if they need any revision please do it for your better performance. Buyer management depends on you. 

Thanks.

• Like 33