60 days of vacation mode [2014 - CLOSED]

mrproofreading

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel there shouldn’t be a limit on how many times we can use vacation mode. Sine we are freelancers, we make up our own schedules and work for ourselves. We use Fiverr’s platform, and they take a percentage of what we make since we use their services to promote our work and get customers. We aren’t on their time, so if they installed this feature to help sellers who may need to take a break for whatever reason, then they shouldn’t make it so restrictive. This isn’t a rant, this is just my personal opinion on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think this features help us a lot because i don’t saw anyone who go for holiday for 2 month or 60 days. I went for Malaysia for 30 days and at that time i didn’t use vacation mode. I operate my work via laptop.

favicon.icoFiverr.com fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png

Fiverr - Freelance Services Marketplace for The Lean Entrepreneur

Fiverr is the world's largest freelance services marketplace for lean entrepreneurs to focus on growth & create a successful business at affordable costs

Reply to @rddhawan: People don’t only use “vacation mode” for actual vacations. For users who have other jobs, it can be handy to ‘suspend’ gigs when they have larger projects elsewhere. And also, not everyone has a laptop or provides work that can be completed by computer only. 🙂

Finally, posting a comment just to have an excuse to place a link is considered spam.

I just used this on the weekend and was a little worried that it might affect my orders when I came back, but it didn’t, so I am happy about that.

Only thing I was confused about was that it asked you how many days, so I thought my gigs would go back on automatically, but they didn’t and I had to go back and manually take myself off vacation, just thought I would mention it in case it helps anyone else 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Archived