The client is not replying.

pinterest_hub

A customer made an order for my gig directly with me (increase website traffic by Pinterest marketing). Following our talk, he wanted me to use pinterest marketing to drive more visitors to his website. (Day-long package). I placed a link to his website to my Pinterest profile. I requested that he provide me a screenshot of his website analytics and views source once the job was finished so that I could review it and deliver it. He didn't answer back. I just made a delivery. He requested modification after two days, when he had been left by two hours from autocompletion. He demanded evidence. I sent him a screenshot, but once more he didn't reply. He logged in at least twice or three times a day, but there was no answer.

What do I need to do? I'm new to Fiverr and have been working hard to build my account, therefore I don't want any bad reviews or anything else that may harm my account.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, pinterest_hub said:

A customer made an order for my gig directly with me (increase website traffic by Pinterest marketing). Following our talk, he wanted me to use pinterest marketing to drive more visitors to his website. (Day-long package). I placed a link to his website to my Pinterest profile. I requested that he provide me a screenshot of his website analytics and views source once the job was finished so that I could review it and deliver it. He didn't answer back. I just made a delivery. He requested modification after two days, when he had been left by two hours from autocompletion. He demanded evidence. I sent him a screenshot, but once more he didn't reply. He logged in at least twice or three times a day, but there was no answer.

What do I need to do? I'm new to Fiverr and have been working hard to build my account, therefore I don't want any bad reviews or anything else that may harm my account.

Hello, I can imagine what you're going through. I have had buyers who seem to ignore you for some reason. What I would advice you to do is to market his website link as much as possible via Pinterest (at least three to five times a day). You may also want to share the blog link on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Medium and any other site that has traffic. I know that's a bit too much but I know how some buyers can be. Just go out of your way and exceed their expectations. And also remember to be as courteous as possible. At the very worst, the buyer may decide not to leave any review but that's better than a negative review. Cheers bruh, and all the very best as a new seller.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, pinterest_hub said:

Thank you but i have done everything but the buyer is unresponsive at all.

now i asked him to cancel the order.

Before cancelling the order did you try to contact Customer Support and explain the situation? They can help you contacting with the buyer themselves and give you some solution so you won't loss the work you did.

• Like 9

In my view, cancelling the order is the way to go. Explore the possibility of cancelling through customer support so that it doesn't hurt your stats. Even if it is already cancelled at this time, write to them and explain that the buyer did not understand what he was ordering (if that was really the case).

Your profile is in its very beginning, you have 3 public reviews.

If the client is not satisfied, pushing him to complete the order is bad. He may hurt your profile for life. Imagine what your average will be if he leaves a negative review. Let alone that he has 2 private reviews to fill.

You will recover from the cancellation in 60 days yet, the bad review will stay there forever.

Good luck!

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 11

I agree, bad reviews are really bad. A lot better a cancellation. After a cancellation you indeed need to focus to have a lot more jobs, but a bad review is very negative. If you believe in your job and your talent, I suggest cancel, and then focus on improving your service to attract more customers.

Please check also my Tips from a Top Rated Seller - Tip 1 | Tip 2 | Tip 3 | Tip 4 | Tip 5 | Tip 6

• Like 7

4 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

In my view, cancelling the order is the way to go. Explore the possibility of cancelling through customer support so that it doesn't hurt your stats. Even if it is already cancelled at this time, write to them and explain that the buyer did not understand what he was ordering (if that was really the case).

Your profile is in its very beginning, you have 3 public reviews.

If the client is not satisfied, pushing him to complete the order is bad. He may hurt your profile for life. Imagine what your average will be if he leaves a negative review. Let alone that he has 2 private reviews to fill.

You will recover from the cancellation in 60 days yet, the bad review will stay there forever.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, manuelmarino said:

I agree, bad reviews are really bad. A lot better a cancellation. After a cancellation you indeed need to focus to have a lot more jobs, but a bad review is very negative. If you believe in your job and your talent, I suggest cancel, and then focus on improving your service to attract more customers.

Please check also my Tips from a Top Rated Seller - Tip 1 | Tip 2 | Tip 3 | Tip 4 | Tip 5 | Tip 6

I agree with both of you that a bad review is permanent and may hinder your account heavily, specially if you are starting on Fiverr. However, this kind of attiude of cancelling without involving first CS so they can help you to sort out all your options is what leds to some buyers to believe that they can get your work for free and blackmail you with a bad review.

As a last option i agree that the cancellation is acceptable and easily to overcome (i've had some cancellations myself because of that), but i've always done that as the last option.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, shalock said:

I agree with both of you that a bad review is permanent and may hinder your account heavily, specially if you are starting on Fiverr. However, this kind of attiude of cancelling without involving first CS so they can help you to sort out all your options is what leds to some buyers to believe that they can get your work for free and blackmail you with a bad review.

As a last option i agree that the cancellation is acceptable and easily to overcome (i've had some cancellations myself because of that), but i've always done that as the last option.

You are correct. We must not allow ourselves to be exploited through that.

First, we need to try to reason with the client. But not in a chatty way. If they blackmail you, get up from that chair, cool down. Then, return when you are calm and respond with a single well-worded message.

If that fails, involve customer support.

And if that fails as well, we offer the cancellation.

And let me underline something. Cancellations have a private survey too. I am not sure how it impacts us. I am a seller like you.

@carrieblogger has some good videos about customer service and cancellations on YouTube.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

get up from that chair, cool down. Then, return when you are calm and respond with a single well-worded message.

Totally agree with you, specially with this! Is not easy sometimes to remain calm in such situations but is better to do so in the long run.

Didn't know for sure that cancellations had also their surveys, i suppose is logical as Fiverr would want to know and rate the user experience.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, shalock said:

Totally agree with you, specially with this! Is not easy sometimes to remain calm in such situations but is better to do so in the long run.

Didn't know for sure that cancellations had also their surveys, i suppose is logical as Fiverr would want to know and rate the user experience.

Here is the post, see @frank_d 's response on page 2!

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Guest freelancerjabir

Wait for him, if he is still not replying and the time is almost near to over, you can also deliver the order and also tell him that you have placed the deliver the order as time was up ! So you can still continue the work with him