What if I delete a gig, will the SEO get affected?

melliflousvoice

Question

Hello Community 🙋‍♀️

Hope you all are happy! I was wondering if the overall SEO of my seller profile get affected if I delete one one my active gigs and unpublished/paused gigs? 
Also, what about the conversion rate, it seems to me that the conversion rate is better with a lesser number of gigs. Any idea about how Fiverr calculates it?

I'm grateful for your helpful responses 😊

• Like 8

5 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, melliflousvoice said:

I was wondering if the overall SEO of my seller profile get affected if I delete one one my active gigs and unpublished/paused gigs

There's no SEO for the seller profile, or for gigs. They are presented based on seller performance and compatibility to the user query. 

Also, what about the conversion rate, it seems to me that the conversion rate is better with a lesser number of gigs.

I don't think it matters. Some people just have a gig and they do well, others have 10 gigs and all generate a sale a week or so.

Any idea about how Fiverr calculates it?

Fiverr won't share anything related to the algorithm or how it works. So, we can only assume things. Generally, if you have great reviews and people are happy with your service, you will be presented to more people and that increases your chances of getting more sales. Pretty much, stay consistent and deliver a great value.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

There's no SEO for the seller profile, or for gigs. They are presented based on seller performance and compatibility to the user query. 

I don't think it matters. Some people just have a gig and they do well, others have 10 gigs and all generate a sale a week or so.

Fiverr won't share anything related to the algorithm or how it works. So, we can only assume things. Generally, if you have great reviews and people are happy with your service, you will be presented to more people and that increases your chances of getting more sales. Pretty much, stay consistent and deliver a great value.

Thank you for the response 🙂 
However, I remember that when I started as a seller with just one active gig, my response rate used to be atleast 25% and now, even if I have 10 orders in queue and every message turns into sale, conversion rate remains lower than 1%! 😑 . Probable reason? 

Edited by melliflousvoice
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, melliflousvoice said:

conversion rate remains lower than 1%

That means you have more impressions and less sales. I have a conversion rate of under 1% and I am fine. 

1 hour ago, melliflousvoice said:

even if I have 10 orders in queue and every message turns into sale

Again, you have a lot of impressions, it means just a few people contact you from the hundreds or thousands that see your gig. Which is not that much of a problem, as long as you make sales, right?

• Like 6