Music for work

smashradio

Hey fellow sellers! Music is a big part of our lives and as freelancers, I'm sure many of us listen to music while working. It helps us create, design, inspire and reach our potential. It helps us unwind, focus, get in the right mindset and to get out of it when we need to relax. 

I'm sure there are as many playlists out there for work as there are gigs on Fiverr. 

I prefer the more relaxing parts of the house genre/chillout/ambient for work and travel. But it can get a bit old to listen to the same playlists over and over again, so this is the place to share your favorite work music! 

I was in the mood for some relaxing tunes from Norwegian DJ, Finnebassen. Perfect for some late hour work. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 16
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm often listening to this kind of music when actually trying to focus! I've had to spend a good amount of time playing games (as research) these days as well, so sometimes end up humming along to game-y songs, but yeah! It's actually nice to have different walking and working playlists because I don't get so antsy while working when listening to something more chill! 
With how the weather changed here, it's somewhat cosy working from home (not too hot anymore!) especially with some music and all the free tea/drinks 😄

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, zeus777 said:

I'd say this.
The piano solo is just so damn PERFECT.

I used to listen to the Tupac version of this when I was younger. 

12 hours ago, katakatica said:

I'm often listening to this kind of music when actually trying to focus! I've had to spend a good amount of time playing games (as research) these days as well, so sometimes end up humming along to game-y songs, but yeah! It's actually nice to have different walking and working playlists because I don't get so antsy while working when listening to something more chill! 
With how the weather changed here, it's somewhat cosy working from home (not too hot anymore!) especially with some music and all the free tea/drinks 😄

I don't know why but the first track there reminds me of the Oceans-movies. 

On 9/4/2022 at 9:29 PM, breals said:

Some of my best work is designed with a pint of beer, and the genius that is Dave Grohl to keep me company 🙂 

I can picture you, slamming away at your keyboard like they do in "Hackers" (the movie from the 90s) while coding and drinking beer. Some of my best work was also done over a bottle or two of red wine, but I quit drinking. These days, I'm enjoying alcohol free spirits (yes, that's a thing) and it's not half bad. Lyre's even launched a red wine, and I'm looking forward to trying it. It doesn't boost my creativity like a bottle of the real stuff does though. 

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1

On 9/4/2022 at 11:30 PM, smashradio said:

Hey fellow sellers! Music is a big part of our lives and as freelancers, I'm sure many of us listen to music while working. It helps us create, design, inspire and reach our potential. It helps us unwind, focus, get in the right mindset and to get out of it when we need to relax. 

I'm sure there are as many playlists out there for work as there are gigs on Fiverr. 

I prefer the more relaxing parts of the house genre/chillout/ambient for work and travel. But it can get a bit old to listen to the same playlists over and over again, so this is the place to share your favorite work music! 

I was in the mood for some relaxing tunes from Norwegian DJ, Finnebassen. Perfect for some late hour work. 

I will allow myself to be spammy here and link my music :)) 

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1

I do a lot of writing. I find really lyrical songs can distract me. I tend to focus on mostly instrumental song.

Nujabes - Aruarian Dance
Jou Beats - Brasil
Saor Patrol - Black Bull
A Tribe Called Red - Electric Pow Wow Drum

But, probably the most distinct or interesting to me is gamelan music. Not sure how exotic it would be for the global audience here though:

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1

3 minutes ago, moikchap said:

But, probably the most distinct or interesting to me is gamelan music. Not sure how exotic it would be for the global audience here though:

That qualifies as a bit too exotic to my ears. I think the most "exotic" music you'll hear at my place is Enigma. 

Beyond that, I often find myself mindlessly staring at and listening to Schiller concerts. 

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1

• 3 months later...

When I translate or proofread, I listen to Nightcore music or other upbeat songs as it can be quite tedious work at times, so I need something to keep me going.

When I develop games, I mostly listen to the Life is Strange soundtrack or the Tick, Tick... Boom! soundtrack (I love that movie. I'm totally the target audience for it, being very close to 30 and currently risking everything to make a dream come true).

When I write, I always listen to the Twin Peaks soundtrack. It helps me keep the atmosphere of the story I'm writing consistent.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 9
  • Congrats! 1

On 9/4/2022 at 9:30 AM, smashradio said:

Finnebassen's logged a lot of hours in my speakers. "Bella" has been on my driving playlist for years. (I used to drive long distances as a part of work.) It keeps me awake, actually. I love MrDeepSense, too! Here are other favorites: 

I can't really listen to music while working now, though.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 7
  • Congrats! 1

I have different music lists on spotify depending on the mood I need. Sometimes I am too anxious for any reason, so here I go with celtic or chill out music. Sometimes, I need a bit of enery, so I use my heavy metal or postpunk list. But, to be honest, music is mainly for a good walk or doing stuff out of home. At work, I prefer podcasts and radio. I am madly in love of podcasts, I even colaborate on one. I can spend 6 hours listening to a group of people analyzing and talking about a netflix serie and feeling surrounded by some kind of friendly company while working. 

(In case you have a fav podcast to share, I'm all ears XD)

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 3

• 2 months later...