What's your thoughts on Advanced Rating System (ARS)?

thepromogirl

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a seller tell me after I ordered a Press Release AP Style “Due to the recent and effective change with the new “Advanced Rating System” I am cancelling all orders at this time. I do not feel comfortable delivering orders with the fear of anything less than a 5-star rating for delivering works as advertised in the estimated time or be forced work for free. The stress, fear and future drop in sales resulting from a 4-1 star review is not worth $4. (Fiverr takes 20% all of sales commissions.)” after I waited 12 days for delivery only for this woman to tell me this 12 hours before actual delivery. There was no professionalism and she wanted me to mutually cancel and told her no because I was on a deadline and didn’t have time to hire someone else and the fact I hired her 12 days beforehand to do the work. So every few hours sent me a cancellation notice to the point it was harassing. Come to find out she was simply on holiday and either didn’t allocate enough time away from the pool and parties to get the job done and used the new ARS as a premise to cancel the order. Only to be back selling 3 days later retaining her 5 star status. Which I have noticed has gone down probably due to sub par work. Maybe that was what she was really afraid of. If you don’t like the policies in place you have every right to leave, but don’t use it as a cop out to skirt your obligation once you accept a job. I think 11 days waiting I felt confident the job was in the process and being done, but from this bad experience if you chose not to take a job or feel it is something you don’t agree on then that is something you should discuss with the buyer. Where is the protection from this type of bad behavior from a seller?

Reply to @takinthelead: It really doesn’t matter what the reason is, you can’t force someone to work for you. You can only speculate as to her “true motivation”. If they’re turning down the job, take your money and hire someone else.

I find it pretty dang stupid that the forum edits the phrase “t ake y our m oney” as well. What the hell?

Edited because I didn’t mean to be so harsh the first time. 😕

Reply to @topgraphic: No, the buyer is not justified. As I said above, no one can force someone to work against their wishes. They get their money back and can choose from hundreds of other available designers. What’s wrong with people? And seriously, the highest levels? This is fiverr and they paid you five bucks. They’ll get a copy paste answer from customer support advising them to accept a mutual cancellation.

We don’t mind it, I think a lot of top sellers are mad because of there goes there perfect 100% ratings but maybe there communication was not 100% or maybe they was late with an order. Keep a 95%-100% profile rating and a 4.5-5 gig rating, you will still get a lot of sales.

I love the new system but we should analyze it from the buyer perspective as well. ^:)^

The other day, one of my buyers posted a funny feedback: “Awesome Work” - 4 stars.

Now, Of course I don’t care that much if there are 4 or 5 stars, but I started to think why would anyone who is fully satisfied with your work state that he really is, and give you less than 5 stars?

And the only rational conclusion is that sometimes buyers don’t realize how important these reviews are. They just click on a 3th-4th-5th star, and c’est la Vie.

@prettyseogirls this has got nothing to do with keeping perfect ratings and it is not just top rated sellers who are opposed to it. It is nothing to do with liking or disliking it.I suggest you read other posts on here from people who have stated the case far more eloquently than me to see why people are opposed to it and this has got nothing to do with sales volumes either.

YESS i thought I was the only one. This is horrible. my ranking has gone down from perfect just because buyers are giving four stars with ‘perfect review’ … well if the review is perfect, why the lesser number of stars then? this ends up misleading the other buyers. and all it takes it is just one annoyed customer to ruin your entire career by giving you the minimum stars and your ranking is scarred forever! not fair!

Looks like the only people complaining about the new policy are the sellers that found loop holes to keep their 5 star ratings and now are upset that buyers are rating their sub par work for what it is horrible. Don’t like it you know how to remove your gigs.

Reply to @jtengle: That still doesn’t justify the wait and lack of professionalism from a seller. If you submit and pay for a gig and the delivery date is 2 weeks away and then the seller sends you a request to cancel on the 11 day you will not be happy, right? and under the premise of a policy only to find her selling 3 days later an the vacation sign on her page removed. They should be held accountable. It’s not just a matter of mutually cancelling. Businesses count of professionals to do the work they are contracting Fiverr’s to do and expecting them to do it in the time “THEY” posted themselves that it would be done. If you get 2 unprofessional fiverr’s in a row that will set your own business back a month if the time period for the work is the same 2 weeks. Sorry but that kind of behavior should be cut out like a cancer for all professionals that work here and buy here. Don’t like to paint everyone with the same brush but from this forum it makes it easy to weed out the non professionals before I order next time. I can get a real inside prospective from sellers comments. Thanks

Granted I have met a lot of good people on this site and I tip often because I think they deserve it and never try to force people to do something they don’t want to do, but then don’t post you want to work. Hell and if you do and don’t want to write a press release because you rather sit in a hot tub or get drunk on the beach then just say that and be done with it, but hell if I am going to be happy 12 hour before delivery after a 12 day wait you want to cancel. Get real!!!

takinthelead said: the only reason Top sellers have that status is because of time not quality

Hmm I am really quite baffled by that comment. I do not understand what you mean.

In regards to your other comments, you are more than welcome to voice your opinion in a respectful way, but you are spewing hate at anyone who dislikes the star system. I enjoy reading comments from people with differing opinions to gain different perspectives, and in fact, I am growing to understand how it might not be as bad as I initially expected. This issue in this situation is that rather than write out why you like the system, you decided to just attack TRS and anyone who dislikes it.

Reply to @takinthelead: my point is if she didn’t want to finish then you cannot make her finish. It doesn’t matter what the reason was. Is it annoying, frustrating and perhaps unprofessional? Sure. I know it caused you a headache and that you didn’t do anything to deserve it. But still, you can’t make her do what she doesn’t want to do. It’s not like you were ripped off in terms of money, though I understand time is valuable as well. When I protested by switching vacation mode on for 3 days I still finished every order in my queue.

Archived