"Request to order"

catwriter

I was checking out my gigs this morning, and instead of the usual text on the order button ("Continue ($10)"), it says "Request to order".

I tried checking out a bunch of other gigs, and the new text doesn't show on any.

Does anyone know what's it about? Does it mean that buyers now have to contact me before ordering? That they can no longer place an order directly? That would be annoying.

@frank_d, do you know more about it? Some beta testing, a new feature?

request.png

• Like 22
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

I thought about that possibility, but the text doesn't match (this option is limited to specific services...). Plus that would mean that new buyers can contact me while I'm in OOO, and I've turned that option off.

I'll check tomorrow to see if "Request to order" is still there.

• Like 13
  • Up 1

It looks like it was a temporary glitch. Both the green button for orders and the text from it are now gone.

I'll see what happens when I'm back to work tomorrow.

I suppose it's possible that Fiverr is working on the feature that many sellers want (the option to choose whether a buyer can order directly or has to contact them first).

• Like 15
  • Up 1

On 9/4/2022 at 11:22 AM, catwriter said:

I was checking out my gigs this morning, and instead of the usual text on the order button ("Continue ($10)"), it says "Request to order".

I tried checking out a bunch of other gigs, and the new text doesn't show on any.

Does anyone know what's it about? Does it mean that buyers now have to contact me before ordering? That they can no longer place an order directly? That would be annoying.

@frank_d, do you know more about it? Some beta testing, a new feature?

request.png

I don't know anything about this. Seems like Fiverr may be creating the feature most sellers wanted: the ability to disable direct orders.

• Like 19
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

On 9/5/2022 at 8:55 PM, frank_d said:

Seems like Fiverr may be creating the feature most sellers wanted: the ability to disable direct orders.

5 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I checked a number of gigs as well, and didn't see this option on any of them.

7 hours ago, catwriter said:

"Request to order" didn't show again up after that glitch on Sunday morning.

It's a little disappointing. 😔 I was hoping that it was a new feature coming out and @catwriter was one of the first to test it out!

I have several gigs that I would love to have this feature on.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

The second paragraph on the information screen says "this option is limited to specific services where the seller might need more information before starting the order" - so they may not be testing this for every gig. I wonder how that will be determined. Will we be able to choose that option?

I'm with @vickieito - I have several gigs that I would love to have this option for.

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

On 9/6/2022 at 3:37 PM, danno1950 said:

I checked a number of gigs as well, and didn't see this option on any of them.

On Sunday, when I saw it on my gigs, I found one other gig with this "Request to order" thingy. But it was a paused gig, and the seller left Fiverr years ago (so, definitely a glitch).

There's still hope that they're working on that feature, though. I doubt I'll ever use it, but I know many who'd be happy to have it.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad to see this has come true (or at least in beta)!!!! I would be happy to see this as a real feature eventually that we can turn on and off when convenient 😁

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/8423950960913-Request-to-Order-for-sellers

The Fiverr team is introducing a new and efficient way for sellers to approve and manage their Gig orders with the Request to Order option.

About the Request to Order option

We’ve updated the way the order process works and are giving sellers more control over which Gig orders they choose to take on.
Instead of automatically accepting orders as soon as buyers place the order, the Request to Order option gives you the ability to choose:

• Which projects to accept and take on
    Review buyers’ needs in advance, make sure their project requirements are clear, and that their selected Gig package is correct.

• When you want to work
    Since it’s harder to meet deadlines when you receive orders during hours that you're unavailable (like at night), this feature helps you meet your deadlines and gives you the ability to discuss the Gig’s start date with the buyer, in advance.
  • Like 6
  • Up 2

4 minutes ago, fiveroptic1 said:

Just received it and switched it on immediately!!

Update us on how it fares on your end after some time!

4 minutes ago, fiveroptic1 said:

In VO, buyers who expect multiple reads of the same script, for a base price, have often been the bane of my life on 5r. It will definitely help to filter them out and avoid arguments & cancellations etc etc.   

How are you countering events like these so far? You could put it in your gig FAQs or in the prompt for instructions! They should definitely pay for every word and any repeat reads! 

• Like 5
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, theratypist said:

You could put it in your gig FAQs or in the prompt for instructions! They should definitely pay for every word and any repeat reads! 

Hi @theratypist. I do, I do and they don't.:classic_rolleyes:
I've raised my prices recently so that's a double filter if you will, but I've also chucked in 'commercial rights' in the base price, so I gain one end, but lose on the other. But, ultimately, I'm after better paying jobs, not more volume. I've found that the more serious (and better spending buyers), are more inclined to message me first anyway. We'll see how it goes...  

• Like 6

I noticed it in my notifications this morning. But I was caring for my granddaughter and did not get time to read about it until tonight. I do not think I will use it for all of my gigs. I also like that I can turn it on for all of my gigs, say on the weekend or other times I may not want orders to be made without my knowledge.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

"Which projects to accept and take on
Review buyers’ needs in advance, make sure their project requirements are clear, and that their selected Gig package is correct."

I was super excited about this feature when I read this, but the above quote doesn't seem to be an accurate description of how it works. You can't have it turned on all the time. Instead, you must pick a single segment of hours during each day of the week that you want it to apply to. It's not clear if you can apply it to the hour between 11 pm and 12 am (I will try to verify this). You also can't block out hours in the morning and the evening on the same day. So, for instance, if you wanted to only have auto orders between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m., you can't do it. It feels like a great idea but the way scheduling is implemented seems inadequate for most scenarios.

Edited by ahunyady
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 12:02 AM, ahunyady said:

apply it to the hour between 11 pm and 12 am (I will try to verify this).

I have mine turned on for some packages with the hours set this way and I had one instance where it went through despite that. The buyer did message ahead but did not use the request to order function. I was confused if I pressed something that allowed them to make a direct order or if it was because they were a Fiverr select buyer. Or who knows, perhaps the order just slipped passed the hour between 11 PM and 12 AM (I can't recall the exact time anymore). But yeah I was baffled as to why they were able to do that....... That was definitely a loophole. 

But other than that, I have found the feature useful and am happy with what it is able to do so far. I've had several inquiries and orders through the set up. I think its very helpful for sellers in certain categories. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, theratypist said:

That was definitely a loophole. 

You're right @theratypist - there are some loopholes in the Request to Order feature, and some clients are still able to order if they time it right. I turn this feature on and off as needed. Currently I have this on 6 gigs. On the last gig, I'm using prices to control my order flow.

I think @williambryan392 was the only person who caught this because he once asked why I had my services listed for $4,000 on one of my packages. So if you ever do see high prices on my gigs, that's what I'm up to. The $4,000 was actually the mid-range of what I was quoting at the time, so it's not like I'm just putting prices up there willy nilly. ....And if someone places an order at any of the higher prices that I have ...I'm all for it!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

willy nilly

I'm so pleased someone else uses this phrase 🤣. It made me smile reading it.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, ahunyady said:

you must pick a single segment of hours

I still don't have this feature, but what on earth is the scheduling hours about?! That seems borderline flapdoodle to me.

I thought the purpose of the tool was to ensure as a seller you could deliver what the buyer needed before purchase, not to manage order flow (that's what pricing, order queue limit and unavailability is for isn't it?).

I'm flummoxed, someone enlighten me, have I missed the point of this much sought feature...?

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

flapdoodle

54 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

flummoxed

Those are two more words I will start using in my daily vocabulary!

I've been using "ludicrous" and "confused." They don't convey as much feeling as your words do!

57 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

have I missed the point of this much sought feature...?

This Request to Order feature allows you to use it at set times, and set days of the week:

image.png.243bcc2328f22302c4705af69a22d927.png

But buyers can still place orders between 11pm - 12am (which is very likely for me since I'm in Japan time and my customers are mostly in the US).

• Like 2