Does seller run two accounts one for selling and other for only buying purpose ?

awesomedeals

Question

I have a question, Deos seller run two accounts.. One as a seller and other one is for only buying purpose, On same name address with different email and fiverr id, is it legal or againts fiverr policy ?

(Reason: Because if seller don't want to disclose his/her gigs to buyer.) 

Edited by awesomedeals
tags update
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

10 answers to this question

This is what the Terms of Service says:

Multiple Accounts - To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active Fiverr account and one active Fiverr Business account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations of Fiverr’s Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards is a cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.

See https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Where they say "Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines...." they would likely think any other account you created would be against the rules (if they were both active anyway - they can allow one to be closed then a new one opened) and suspend the account(s) if they found out. But you could check with CS if you were thinking of creating a business account (I'm not sure if they are saying you can have a normal account + a business account).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, awesomedeals said:

One active fiver account is = normal buying only account , just for purchaing gigs ?

and One active Business account is = Seller account for selling gigs ?

am i  correct ? 

No, that’s not correct. 
your active fiverr account is your current account for selling gigs. 

Business account for buyers side but it’s a paid subscription, you have to pay to open that account to buy gigs. 
So if you are not ready to pay business account subscription price then you can not open another account 

• Like 8

Actually you did not understand my question, So first read the question carefully then answer otherwise if you don't know corrent answer or not sure about your answer then please don't answer.

I said the seller using 2nd account is as a buyer, so they not sell anything on his 2nd account not create or run any gig on it. just use for buying.  I think selling / running gigs on multiple accounts is againts Fiverr TOS. 

Using different devices on multiple accounts are also againts Fiverr TOS. why you do that because you hiding yourself from fiverr staff and selling gigs on mutiple accounts by using different devices.

So my question is can seller use 2nd account for just buying purpose not for selling purpose. only for buying perpose and the reason is he/she don't want to disclose hi/her gigs from buyersthats why he/she want to use 2nd account because no gigs are running on it. hope you people understand my question clearly.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, awesomedeals said:

Actually you did not understand my question, So first read the question carefully then answer otherwise if you don't know corrent answer or not sure about your answer then please don't answer.

Well that comment will not motivate anyone to help you with your query.  @melanielm provided you an answer which is correct, but it seems it's not the one you're looking for.  

We're all just sellers here that attempt to help new freelancers like you with answers based on our experience.  The guidance is clear.  You can not have 2 accounts, even it you choose to use one as a seller and one as a buyer.  If you have an issue with this I suggest you take it up with the CS team.

Edited by breals
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, breals said:

Well that comment will not motivate anyone to help you with your query.  @melanielm provided you an answer which is correct, but it seems it's not the one you're looking for.  

We're all just sellers here that attempt to help new freelancers like you with answers based on our experience.  The guidance is clear.  You can not have 2 accounts, even it you choose to use one as a seller and one as a buyer.  If you have an issue with this I suggest you take it up with the CS team.

Hey I said this because a guy rafisadiq1 reply me "you can not use two account in a same device & that's it. but you can use two different devices for that."

do you think it is right ???? i am not looking for the answer which is favour of me, i am looking for what is correct and legal according to fiverr TOS.  and before quoting to me scroll up read others users replys from start. what they are asking. and also read my reply in purple color text to them. and the correct answer is provided by UK1000 with proof.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

This is what the Terms of Service says:

See https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Where they say "Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines...." they would likely think any other account you created would be against the rules (if they were both active anyway - they can allow one to be closed then a new one opened) and suspend the account(s) if they found out. But you could check with CS if you were thinking of creating a business account (I'm not sure if they are saying you can have a normal account + a business account).

UK1000 it means user can keep 2 accounts as your reference according to Fiverr TOS. "users are limited to one active Fiverr account and one active Fiverr Business account.

One active fiver account is = normal buying only account , no gigs running on it, just for buying gigs ?

and One active Business account is = Seller account for selling gigs ?

am i  correct ? 

Edited by awesomedeals
  • Like 6

Just now, mariashtelle1 said:

No, that’s not correct. 
your active fiverr account is your current account for selling gigs. 

Business account for buyers side but it’s a paid subscription, you have to pay to open that account to buy gigs. 
So if you are not ready to pay business account subscription price then you can not open another account 

ahh right, Can you provide the details of Business account subscription like charges or give me a link of that page on fiverr site. Thanks very much.

• Like 5

www.fiverr.com/business/registration

Thanks for your interest in Fiverr Business!

Fiverr Business is a new environment that helps businesses and teams work more efficiently on Fiverr. Unfortunately, Fiverr Business is currently not available in your country. You're always welcome to join Fiverr to buy or to offer freelance services.

• Like 6