Are you getting less orders than before on Fiverr?

sayphotoshop

I used to get several new enquiries a day for at least the last couple of years - as of a few months ago I suddenly only got one or two a week.

Fortunately I have lots of  long-term clients. However, I find it very suspicious - clearly there's something going on with the Fiverr algorithm that has affected me or others. Or its just me? 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, sayphotoshop said:

I used to get several new enquiries a day for at least the last couple of years - as of a few months ago I suddenly only got one or two a week.

Fortunately I have lots of  long-term clients. However, I find it very suspicious - clearly there's something going on with the Fiverr algorithm that has affected me or others. Or its just me? 

Most often, a sudden drop in visibility on Fiverr is caused by your stats dropping or negative private feedback affecting your buyer satisfaction rate. Keep working with your regular buyers and make sure you over-deliver, offer great support and deliver high-quality work to everyone. That should hopefully help you get some positive private reviews from your regulars. 

• Like 15

8 hours ago, smashradio said:

Most often, a sudden drop in visibility on Fiverr is caused by your stats dropping or negative private feedback affecting your buyer satisfaction rate. Keep working with your regular buyers and make sure you over-deliver, offer great support and deliver high-quality work to everyone. That should hopefully help you get some positive private reviews from your regulars. 

I will, always! Thank you sir!

• Like 7

Great topic. I am from Chile, south america, but most of my clients are from US and Europe. I know you are just ending the summer season so I hope that is the reason I had a really bad gig's performance since August 15th.

I have good rating, but I know that private review is key, and I also suspect that due to some delays because of the weather I mught have some not good priovate reviews. I hope it recovers soon.

Thanks

• Like 10

On 9/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, smashradio said:

If a seller receives a negative private feedback, will it be reflected in your positive rating or anything like that?  Or is it only noticeable by decreased traffic and visibility? 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, turtlerollsadub said:

If a seller receives a negative private feedback, will it be reflected in your positive rating or anything like that?  Or is it only noticeable by decreased traffic and visibility? 

You will only know it because of the sudden drop in sales/visibility on the platform and/or loosing access to certain stuff, like promoted gigs. It will not affect your public rating, so technically, a buyer can leave a perfect five-star review and then leave a terrible private review - and you would think everything is fine and dandy because of the five-star review. I doubt many buyers do this, but it can happen. Most often, I suspect they will leave a five-star rating because they think it's "expected" of them, and then tell the truth in private to Fiverr. Perhaps they didn't think you exceeded expectations, but merely met them, and that your delivery was nothing but "average". Get too many private reviews like that, and you're sure to notice it where it huts the most: your wallet. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, smashradio said:

You will only know it because of the sudden drop in sales/visibility on the platform and/or loosing access to certain stuff, like promoted gigs. It will not affect your public rating, so technically, a buyer can leave a perfect five-star review and then leave a terrible private review - and you would think everything is fine and dandy because of the five-star review. I doubt many buyers do this, but it can happen. Most often, I suspect they will leave a five-star rating because they think it's "expected" of them, and then tell the truth in private to Fiverr. Perhaps they didn't think you exceeded expectations, but merely met them, and that your delivery was nothing but "average". Get too many private reviews like that, and you're sure to notice it where it huts the most: your wallet. 

Sounds like it is encouraging dishonest public reviews, which could be quite damaging to the platform's credibility.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, turtlerollsadub said:

Sounds like it is encouraging dishonest public reviews, which could be quite damaging to the platform's credibility.

The public reviews have always been dishonest. Fiverr is the only platform I know of, where anything but a five-star review, is a negative review. Buyers know this, and unless they had a really shitty experience, they don't want to ruin everything for a seller publically. Not to mention, smart sellers will pull all buyers through a vetting process, and if that buyer has left a ton of negative reviews, they might have trouble finding good sellers to work with. 

I'm not sure when you started selling on Fiverr, but the platform used to be really top-heavy, with way too many top rated sellers. It was all based on thumbs up/down. Then came the stars. Then came the multiple stars (asking buyers to rate us on different things that gets combined into a star rating at the end) and still, almost all reviews were five stars. Fiverr is constantly tweaking how they get feedback and signals from buyers, to help the algorithm understand more. If you're any good, that's great, but if you're a low-quality seller, it will hurt you. Sometimes, it can hurt great sellers, too, and the system is far from perfect, but it's the closest thing we got to an automatic garbage removal system. And to be honest, Fiverr needs it. In my opinion, Fiverr should just delete every seller below a certain buyer satisfaction rate score, instead of moving them down in the results. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 10

6 hours ago, smashradio said:

It hurts 

• Like 5

Yes, I have a gig that used to work a lot, it still has a lot of impressions and a lot of clicks but no order, it used to work a lot during covid pendemics, but now that it's over i rarelly have buyers, but it doesn't really target serious people, and people dont like to pay and spend money anyway 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

It isn't just down to private reviews or the algorithm in every case. Summer, particularly August, is known to be quiet because of the summer holiday. There's also a war, recession and the soaring cost of living in everyone's face every day, unless you go on a very beneficial news diet. People are likely tightening their belts a bit. It usually passes as people do have to get back to business and life has a tendency to go on. The best thing to do in a time like this is to see if there are any improvements to be made on your existing gigs and offers and evaluate yourself service up to now. No point in worrying too much or trying to figure out what's going on. An SM could possibly give you more specifics. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

On 9/3/2022 at 11:13 AM, sayphotoshop said:

It has been slow for me the past few weeks. Hopefully it picks up towards October because I can definitely feel it in my pockets.

• Like 5

On 9/3/2022 at 11:13 PM, sayphotoshop said:

The same goes for me. Used to get messages and orders daily. Now it can go to a week without anything. The last reviews I got are all 5 star ratings so that couldn't be the problem. I only didn't reply to one scam message a month or two ago and that dropped my response rate to 97% and it's been downhill ever since. I tried the promoted gigs feature and that didn't help. This really sucks.

• Like 4

Hi @furyy123 - This value is based on your last 60 days of activity, so I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that you can't see that value yet. Your account is still newer than 60 days.

It doesn't hurt for you to ask this question to Customer Support. You can create a ticket here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/seller-dashboard-and-statistics/dashboard/create-ticket

• Like 7