Scam Buyer

safakca

Hi I'm Safak,
I will talk about a bad experience I had.
This was my first experience and unfortunately it was a bad experience on Fiverr.
Fiverr user 'vincentzaddy' wrote to me regarding my logo design gig.
I saw the message in the spam box '@victor_miller' told me to contact with this name on telegram.
I wrote on Telegram and he sent me a list of projects to get started. (80 logo designs in 5 days, $100 for each design)
I asked him if he wanted any deposit from me before starting the designs.
The buyer named Victor Miller said he didn't want any deposit from me and I could start the designs.
He shared a contract with me and it said there was a translation job instead of a logo design.
I told him the contract was wrong and he should edit it and throw it away.
Also, when the designs were finished, I said that I would send the jpeg files and if he paid the full amount, I would throw the originals away and he accepted.
I completed the designs in less than 5 days and sent them to Victor's company mail.
A positive response email was sent to me within a few hours.
I wrote to Victor again and asked when I would get my full payment.
He said the person involved with the payment business was someone named Tom (@Tom_nails) and asked me to contact that person.
When I contacted Tom, he asked me for a deposit ($200).
For account activation, I sent the money to a local account named Tarık Turan Hışır (Enpara QNB).
They said they would send my full payment to my local account within 45 minutes but they didn't.
He also said that he will pay after receiving an additional premium ID card from me.
I did not want to do business with them and I asked for my deposit back, which I sent to them, but they said they could not pay.
I cannot reach the person named Victor who contacted me first.

victor.JPG

tom.JPG

hanry.JPG

victorFiverrSpam.JPG

cindyMaiil.JPG

Employee Contract Form.pdf

tarik.JPG

Edited by safakca
  • Like 13
  • Sad 4

@safakca - that's a really unfortunate experience.

6 hours ago, safakca said:

I saw the message in the spam box

A message in your spam box asking you to communicate outside of Fiverr is a sure sign of spam. Don't fall for it! You might want to read this article here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/285174-no-you-have-not-been-hired-new-sellers-dont-let-them-scam-you-dont-contact-them-off-fiverr-dont-do-any-work-for-them/

I wrote on Telegram ... I completed the designs in less than 5 days and sent them to Victor's company mail.

Never contact anyone outside of Fiverr's platform. You risk your account by contacting the buyer using these two methods. You should probably review Fiverr ToS and read this article here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/288116-just-because-you-didnt-get-caught-doesnt-mean-its-allowed/

For account activation, I sent the money to a local account ... and I asked for my deposit back, which I sent to them, but they said they could not pay.
I cannot reach the person... who contacted me first.

Unfortunately you were scammed and probably won't get your money back. You also broke Fiverr ToS by communicating with the buyer off of the platform and attempting to make payment arrangements outside of Fiverr.

As a seller, you should never have to pay to do an order. And the buyer should always place and order with you before you even start on the work. That's how Fiverr is set up and it can protect you if you follow the rules. Once you leave the platform or communicate by other means, you have no protection.

Please read the articles above and learn from them so that you don't make the same mistakes!

• Like 17
  • Up 5

7 hours ago, safakca said:

When I contacted Tom, he asked me for a deposit ($200).
For account activation, I sent the money to a local account named Tarık Turan Hışır (Enpara QNB).

For starters, you chose to work outside of Fiverr, which is against the rules and you can get banned.

You will also most likely never see the money you paid there, Fiverr can't protect you since the transaction is not via Fiverr. 

• Like 18

Hi, regretably you have fallen in one common scam, this people will never give you back your money.

Apart from the massive red flag of asking you to work outside Fiverr, that argument that you "need to deposit money to activate the account to receive your money" is a classic scam tactic used in email scams. You never have to give money so you may be able to get paid, thats completely illogical.

Apart from the grave issue of blatantly breaking Fiverr's TOS, i suggest you to read about email and internet scams so you can raise your awareness.

• Like 12
  • Congrats! 1

I do not understand why you:

a) responded to someone who was writing 'hi dear' to you. Does that sound like a credible buyer? If anyone writes 'hi dear' to me, I run a mile. Or a thousand.

b) accepted an 'employee contract' when you are not an employee.

c) sent funds.

d) worked so hard on something without having a clue who the 'buyer' was. 

e) taken your business off Fiverr when being on the platform--and sticking to the rules--is the only way you can access any form of protection.

f) Imagined that someone would order eighty logos...

I could go on... and on. Had you been drinking? 🙂

The only thing you can do is learn from this experience. If you come to a third-party platform and decide to take your trade out of Fiverr, you should expect to meet many fraudsters quite fast. This is not a bad Fiverr experience. It's a bad experience you brought upon yourself.

For example, let's say I fall off a ladder while doing DIY at home and I take myself to the local hospital's Accident & Emergency Department. While I am sitting waiting for an exam and treatment, a man comes up to me who says that if I hobble along to his garden shed, he will treat my leg for me at a bargain price. I go to the man, and he robs me as well as sawing off my leg.

Is that 'a bad hospital experience'? Or is it a case of me being a total numpty?

• Like 11
  • Up 2