I am not getting any new orders

sberazer

Question

Hi everyone I hope you are having a good day!

So I have been on fiverr for nearly three years now and I have been finding a lot of success throughout the first two years, I managend to rank as level 2 seller in the span of 10 months and now I am short of 3k in revenue to reach the top seller rank (I have all the other requirements covered), now the problem started by the beginning of this year, wanted to make un upgrade to my brand and had everything changed in terms of logo and previews on my gigs and through out the profile at the same time while I was doing that I had an issue in my personal life that made me fail to deliver an order on time and didn't even have the opportunity to ask the buyer to extend the deadline which resulted in a massive drop in my rating since I didn't have many orders (1 order was more than 20% of my orders so it lowered my rating below the level 2 seller requirements) and I didn't receive another order in the next month so I dropped down to level 1 seller, I went on with my rebranding and detected that time to improve my skills and took alot of course and had some talented guys join my team all in hopes that when I get my rating back and push my gig through the paid promotion program I will get my impressions and clicks back and thus new orders will come, I couldn't have been more wrong, since the beginning of this year I had only 5 orders 4 of them are from old clients and my main gig numbers are down like never, I was constantly popping up in the first page when searching for my category (twitch stream package) and now you won't find me anywhere near the first 3 pages, I have been paying to promote my gig for almost 4 months with a daily average of 200 impressions and one or two clicks, I am devastated I planned to have this as my main source of income and I have worked really hard on every order and made sure the client was 100% satisfied and they were, I have almost 5 star review on every single order, many of my clients come back to order more, and the quality of my work is on another from the competition, you can of course judge for yourself by visiting my profile and going through my orders previews and reviews, I did all of that because I believed in good service and high standards and made sure that I cared for every single client I had, now I don't now what to do, I tried lowering my prices significantly and making sure I am using the correct keywords and optimizing my gigs so I can get more impressions but I don't seem to be able to pull off more than 3k impressions monthly and barely any clicks, if someone has been in a similar situation or if someone who's finding success in the same category please tell me what's the problem with my account and if there's anyway to solve it, I am ready to make whatever changes needed to get my account back to how it was in the first two years.

many thanks to anyone reading and commenting.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 answers to this question

Hi @sberazer - if you aren't getting orders organically through search, what other means are you looking at to get orders? Promoted Gigs only help you if you have good seller statistics and are performing better than your competition. I don't know if you are on Seller Plus, but if you are, coupons might be a great resource for you to encourage more of your buyers to buy from you. It's good that you have some repeat customers, but it looks like you may need to get orders from other sources as well. Are you reviewing opportunities through the Buyer Requests and Buyer Briefs? There aren't too many, but every now and then you can find a gem there. You might also want to explore ways that you can promote your services to those you know or have connections with on social media.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

12 minutes ago, sberazer said:

btw do you have any idea whether changing the gig description and images/preview video can cause impressions and clicks to plummet? is there a chance that the rebranding I did caused my problem?

Only if the changes you make are bad. If the changes are good, then you'll see your gig's performance increasing over time.

I would also focus on getting more orders, because that has a huge impact on your visibility in search. The better you are performing as a seller, the better visibility your gig will get.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

37 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @sberazer - if you aren't getting orders organically through search, what other means are you looking at to get orders? Promoted Gigs only help you if you have good seller statistics and are performing better than your competition. I don't know if you are on Seller Plus, but if you are, coupons might be a great resource for you to encourage more of your buyers to buy from you. It's good that you have some repeat customers, but it looks like you may need to get orders from other sources as well. Are you reviewing opportunities through the Buyer Requests and Buyer Briefs? There aren't too many, but every now and then you can find a gem there. You might also want to explore ways that you can promote your services to those you know or have connections with on social media.

thank you so much for taking the time to read and reply to my post!

To be frankly honest with you I don't know what other methods there is to promote my gigs within Fiverr other than the promoted GIGs, can you please give me an example?

Sadly I am not in the seller plus program although I am pretty sure that would've helped a lot, I registered that I am interested when they rolled it out but I never got in, my guess is that's because my account is preforming poorly? Is there anything I can to increase my chances of getting in?

As for the buyer requests and buyer briefs, I think that might help, thank you for pointing that out.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, sberazer said:

Can you please give me an example?

You can promote through social media or just share your gig links with people you know.

18 minutes ago, sberazer said:

I registered that I am interested when they rolled it out but I never got in,

It took me 5 months to get accepted to the Seller Plus program. There's a long waiting list because they are short on Success Managers.

19 minutes ago, sberazer said:

As for the buyer requests and buyer briefs, I think that might help, thank you for pointing that out.

These can be a good source for orders when business is slow.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

You can promote through social media or just share your gig links with people you know.

It took me 5 months to get accepted to the Seller Plus program. There's a long waiting list because they are short on Success Managers.

These can be a good source for orders when business is slow.

thank you for your replies, I sincerely appreciate it.

I will take your advice and start to scroll through the buyer requests and briefs, I am planning to have some social media presence for my brand too, btw do you have any idea whether changing the gig description and images/preview video can cause impressions and clicks to plummet? is there a chance that the rebranding I did caused my problem?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mudasirbuzdar said:

@uk1000@vickieito One of my gig has 329 impressions and 29 clicks in just 15 days but I am waiting for orders!!!!

Orders are not guaranteed and you shouldn't be "waiting" for orders. Being found in search is only one way to get orders. What are you personally doing to get orders? Are you submitting offers to buyer requests? Are you sharing your gig links with people you know that may need your services?

Also, you still haven't made many of the changes that I suggested for your profile and gigs.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Only if the changes you make are bad. If the changes are good, then you'll see your gig's performance increasing over time.

I would also focus on getting more orders, because that has a huge impact on your visibility in search. The better you are performing as a seller, the better visibility your gig will get.

I don't think the changes can be bad if I am only rephrasing and adjusting the wording of the description nothing more, btw would it be possible for you to just take a look at my main gig page and preview video and just give me your opinion on it, I worked hard to make it stand out especially the video and I just want to know if what I did is good or not? It would be highly appreciated 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, sberazer said:

I just want to know if what I did is good or not? 

Monitor your gigs and see how they perform. That will be a more accurate assessment of your changes than mine.

35 minutes ago, mudasirbuzdar said:

No! I changed my gigs according to whatever you said. If I am missing something ,kindly inform me. I'll be grateful. I am submitting offers to buyer requests.

Please look back on the private message that I sent you. You can also double check to make sure you implemented all of @uk1000's suggestions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1