Can a buyer ask CS to change a review after the "Complete Order" button is hit?

fsilva1975

I had an issue with a client the other day, the buyer fully approved my order and left a beautiful review with a 5-Star rating. After that the buyer asked in the chat box for a revision that had to be charged (only $5). The client went mad for just no reason and wanted her money back. I stated that even if I wanted to do a refund, I couldn't, and that she had to ask CS to do that. Anyways, the client went to CS, they gave her full refund, and for some reason my review went from a 5-Star review to a 1-Star review.

I did my job as always, my CS was very patient and kind, the client was satisfied with the delivery, the buyer gave me a 5-star rating. Then asked for a refund and changed the review to a 1-star. Is that possible?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, fsilva1975 said:

I went to CS and ask if that was possible. CS told me that changing a review is against TOS and that they can't do that.

I wonder if CS would allow you to change your response to the review? Because now that the buyer changed it from a 5-star review to a 1-star review, your response of "Thank you so much!" doesn't match the new review. It seems like it would be fair for you to be able to at least respond when a review changes.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, fsilva1975 said:

In my case they made clear that the bad rating wouldn't impact in any way my account’s statistics. Also they did credit my account with full earnings for that project, which is very good on their part.

That's great!

However, it's still confusing to potential buyers if they see your response (and that does stay on your account forever). That's really too bad.☹️

• Like 3