Using Brief Matching Process Effectively (Teach the AI)

danno1950

13 hours ago, ncianci92 said:

Are briefs/matches the same thing as buyer requests?

No, but they are similar inthat they help Buyers find Sellers without needing to hunt through search results. (And that they are a bit of a mess, but at least we can report spam Briefs.)

Buyer Requests are being phased out, though, so you're not likely to see them yourself.

• Like 62
  • Up 4

Update: I seem to have the "slow to train" segment of AI. I'm getting a lot of briefs daily, but it's been several weeks since I got an actual match. The rest of the briefs I get only have "writer" in common with what I do. I saw signs that gave me hope for a bit, but now, I'm back to thinking the brief matching process is a bust.

• Like 54
  • Sad 3
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, danno1950 said:

Update: I seem to have the "slow to train" segment of AI. I'm getting a lot of briefs daily, but it's been several weeks since I got an actual match. The rest of the briefs I get only have "writer" in common with what I do. I saw signs that gave me hope for a bit, but now, I'm back to thinking the brief matching process is a bust.

I seem to have a lot more irrelevant briefs lately, too. I also noticed that (possibly due to increased competition), my likelihood of getting a brief has gone down. That, and an increase in spam in my inbox, seem to be the results of buyer requests going away.

• Like 56
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I seem to have a lot more irrelevant briefs lately, too. I also noticed that (possibly due to increased competition), my likelihood of getting a brief has gone down. That, and an increase in spam in my inbox, seem to be the results of buyer requests going away.

Interesting, Vickie. You were having a solid stream of good briefs a while back. I've noticed a lot more "do my homework" and "I need work" briefs as well - hopefully they'll figure out a way to weed those out.

• Like 60
  • Up 3

Just now, danno1950 said:

Interesting, Vickie. You were having a solid stream of good briefs a while back. I've noticed a lot more "do my homework" and "I need work" briefs as well - hopefully they'll figure out a way to weed those out.

I do still have a pretty good stream of good briefs, but the number of daily briefs I get have increased, and with that increase, more questionable-looking briefs.

• Like 55
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vickieito said:

I do still have a pretty good stream of good briefs, but the number of daily briefs I get have increased, and with that increase, more questionable-looking briefs.

Got it. I see the distinction - the number has stayed steady, but just more questionable-looking briefs.

• Like 54
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

I've noticed a lot more "do my homework" and "I need work" briefs as well - hopefully they'll figure out a way to weed those out.

As long as you report them, they should be taken care of!

I'm wondering if buyers and sellers will have the patience to continue doing all this work to ensure better matches. Some buyers on the forum are getting "no matches" to their briefs.

• Like 55
  • Up 4

I have been getting better quality briefs and more of them than I used to. I only write letters of complaint, proofread and copyedit. I do get proofreading gigs, but the AI sends me any writing job it gets, it seems.

I like the "report spam" feature!

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 55
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:56 PM, vickieito said:

As long as you report them, they should be taken care of!

I'm wondering if buyers and sellers will have the patience to continue doing all this work to ensure better matches. Some buyers on the forum are getting "no matches" to their briefs.

Yes, Vickie, I do report them. Great insight - it sure seems to be stretching my patience trying to get better matches. If buyers don't get matches, I'm sure they'll have to go back to organic searches, since Buyer Requests are being phased out. Which sort of confirms my suspicion that at least so far, this process is a bust.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:58 PM, vickiespencer said:

I have been getting better quality briefs and more of them than I used to.

Great to hear Vickie! I'm glad it's working for someone. I'll leave the feature activated, and hope!

Edited by danno1950
  • Like 54
  • Sad 3
  • Up 2

I finally put some things together after reading the recent posts on this thread.

1) Fiverr is discontinuing the Buyer Request process - buyers will soon be unable to submit these types of requests.

2) The Brief Matching process has so far achieved limited success - not that many successful matches being generated.

3) Buyers are left wading through pages upon pages of possible sellers through organic searches to try and find the service they need.

So what is going to make this outcome change?

Buyers find it too frustrating to use the available options that remain to them, and begin to look elsewhere to find what they need.

The result - Fiverr begins to lose money from this shift. That's what will change the dynamic.

• Like 53
  • Sad 6
  • Up 3

I am a Level-1 seller and about to  be 2 this month. I have turned on the BUYER BRIEF option but even then, I have never received a single brief. Is it nornal or something to worry about?

On 10/12/2022 at 3:41 PM, mateusbl said:

This still not work properly, some sellers are not receiving briefs... meanwhile others are receiving briefs not relationed to what they provide. They still implement it, just to after remove buyer request.

Same here! 

• Like 54
  • Up 4

5 hours ago, danno1950 said:

So what is going to make this outcome change?

What's missing is user acceptability checks in this process. Fiverr can't simply rely on AI as the only means of feedback - they need to develop the Brief & Match feature using continuous user feedback from the buyers and sellers using this feature, and making appropriate adjustments or else it'll be a major fail.

It's expected to have a less-than-perfect product. What isn't acceptable is not making a plan to test out the product feature theories with the users and refining the features so that they actually work for the buyers and sellers using them.

As @uk1000@smashradio@miiila, & @mateusbl mention, there are gaps in the the features, thinking process, and coding of Brief & Match. It needs to have more settings than a single price to cover all the gigs. Language and other parameters also need to be factored in. So do all the concerns being voiced by buyers and sellers. Buyers won't use this feature if the Brief & Match feature pulls up no matches. Sellers won't use it if too many irrelevant briefs are sent their way.

I'm afraid if Fiverr doesn't take action soon, fatigue will set in with buyers and sellers and more and more will abandon Brief & Match before it even has a chance to gain traction. I love what I'm seeing so far and don't want to see that happen.

It's encouraging to see more support for the Brief & Match feature from @vickiespencer and others on this thread, but I'd like to see Fiverr be a little more proactive on their end in communicating with the users on the features, developments, and improvements made. Fiverr has been very quiet about the Brief & Match since announcing it's newest update, and there are many valid questions and concerns being posted daily on the forum about this update.

Also, is @frank_d the only one receiving "certified clients" in this Brief & Match feature? I haven't seen that yet.

• Like 53
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shahzadali002 said:

Same here!

I am a Level-1 seller and about to  be 2 this month. I have turned on the BUYER BRIEF option but even then, I have never received a single brief.

It can take several weeks and up to a month before the Buyer Briefs start sending you briefs. Then it takes a while to train the AI to send you relevant ones.

• Like 50
  • Up 3

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

As @uk1000@smashradio@miiila, & @mateusbl mention, there are gaps in the the features, thinking process, and coding of Brief & Match.

The process to create a brief is generic, this make many briefs with vague information. At least the Fiverr added the option to sellers contact buyers to know more. But the correct is show personalized fields to each category:

- if you do voice over: fields to select language, minutes, voice style...
- if you do translation: fields to select language, number worlds...
- if you do website: number of pages, sections...

At my point of view Fiverr should collect ideas from sellers of all categories and see which fields are most important to have in the briefs. If they can not do fields personalized to each category, the Ai is useless because will be working with generic data.

@danno1950 @vickieito

• Like 51
  • Up 5

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

Fiverr can't simply rely on AI as the only means of feedback - they need to develop the Brief & Match feature using continuous user feedback from the buyers and sellers using this feature, and making appropriate adjustments or else it'll be a major fail.

From the slow progress this initiative is making toward successful matches, it makes me wonder if any additional work is being done to refine the process. It almost feels like Fiverr threw this against the wall to see if it would stick without further effort on their part. I agree Vickie - if no work is being done to further develop the initiative - heading to major fail!

• Like 51
  • Up 4

On 8/31/2022 at 3:56 PM, vickieito said:

It's also important to understand that Buyer Briefs are only set up for one type of service. You can only set one minimum price

I don't understand this part about setting the rate (minimum price). Can you tell me how this works? I received a brief recently, but I don't know how the rate thing works. I don't have set rate. Rate on what? Could you provide an example? Thanks in advance.

• Like 51
  • Up 2

On 10/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, kerrimax said:

I don't understand this part about setting the rate (minimum price). Can you tell me how this works? I received a brief recently, but I don't know how the rate thing works. I don't have set rate. Rate on what? Could you provide an example? Thanks in advance.

I just found today, go on your gigs page, where you see impressions and clicks.. look right above the impressions, there is a green button, to choose whether you want briefs or not, and beside it it says 'set the rate'. Apply the minimum amount of money you want to get briefs for, so this is the minimum pay that you would deliver to a brief for😊 

• Like 55
  • Up 3

45 minutes ago, tanci94 said:

Apply the minimum amount of money you want to get briefs for, so this is the minimum pay that you would deliver to a brief for😊

Thank you for responding to my post! This is exactly what I wanted to understand. What the minimum rate was based on. So, if, for example, I said the minimum was $50, would that allow dishonest buyers to cheat the system? Because there have been buyers who select the lowest costing gig package and sneakingly add in a bulky job that would have definitely cost more. I have had this experience. Thanks again for the input!

• Like 62
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, kerrimax said:

So, if, for example, I said the minimum was $50, would that allow dishonest buyers to cheat the system? Because there have been buyers who select the lowest costing gig package and sneakingly add in a bulky job that would have definitely cost more. 

However, it's not to say that the buyer won't change the order requirements and have you draft a smaller, cheaper order instead. Briefs work exactly like custom offers. I have my minimum "Get brief" rate set to $200:

image.png.8524ce6f57202291e746f0a4deaeeb3c.png

This usually includes a full package of a resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn optimization. However, I had a "Get brief" buyer reach out to me to create a new, resume-only offer, with the idea that he would place another order for the cover letter and LinkedIn if he liked my services.

So my first order was only $80. However, I've now completed 7 orders with this buyer because he also had other writing assignments for me to do through my other gigs. So the amount earned so far from this buyer is far more than that minimum amount I set on the "Get briefs" option.

I've had much better luck with my rates set at $200 than when it was set at $50 (not sure why)!

• Like 58
  • Thanks 5