Using Brief Matching Process Effectively (Teach the AI)

danno1950

A couple of weeks back I was talking with @vickieito, and shared my frustration at the Briefs feature on Fiverr. I kept getting "matches" that had nothing to do with the services I provide. I had about decided the thing just didn't work effectively enough to bring in work. She mentioned she had the same issue when she first started using it. What she tried was just to keep receiving matches, and when it wasn't a good fit, make sure to check the response "This is not a service I provide." She said after a while, the AI in the matching process began to learn what she offered, and she began to get more accurate matches. She said she now gets more and more good matches. I began to do the same. I had to be patient, because the "not such a great fit" briefs continued for a while. 

Today, I got a brief that was a service I provided, and sent off a Custom Offer. I think it's beginning to work. You go, AI!

• Like 181
  • Confused 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 9

Yay! Finally a Buyer Brief buddy! 😊 I was starting to feel lonely in this - everyone else was complaining that Buyer Briefs were junk, while I was getting 3 relevant briefs a day.

It did take a while to train the AI to know what I was looking for. It's also important to understand that Buyer Briefs are only set up for one type of service. You can only set one minimum price:

image.png.9ae7d9f57dbb782e45d5bf6eef3a6dc2.png

I chose to train the AI to only send me Resumes. 

That means I had to mark all the other services I provide as "This is not a service I provide" (even if I did provide it). I think it took me 2 weeks to train the AI.

@danno1950 - how long did it take for you to train the AI? And what type of briefs are you getting?

• Like 135
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 6

The main service I want to receive is editing work, either short creative works, or business copy. I have other gigs, but these are my favorites.

It has taken almost a month for me to get the matches working. At first, the only match was "writing" and the briefs weren't even close. Transcriptions, things like that.

You're now getting 3 relevant briefs per day - music to my ears!

• Like 113
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

• imagination7413 changed the title to Using Brief Matching Process Effectively (Teach the AI)
21 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

Whoever added (Teach The AI) to the title of this post - great idea. Could you go back and add "The" in between Using and Brief? 😀

That would be @imagination7413! 😊

I like this new title, too! Hopefully we'll find some more seller who are patiently teaching the AI to send them briefs!

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 96
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

That would be @imagination7413!

I like this new title, too! Hopefully we'll find some more seller who are patiently teaching the AI to send them briefs!

Yeah, that was me! 

@OP, I can add 'the' if you like, though it is technically correct as-is since Briefs is the name of the program, and 'brief matching' is the function. Actually, that would mean it could be 'the Briefs matching', with the 's'. I'll let you decide!

• Like 89
  • Confused 3
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 9:56 PM, vickieito said:

It did take a while to train the AI to know what I was looking for. It's also important to understand that Buyer Briefs are only set up for one type of service. You can only set one minimum price:

The briefs option only allows you to set one minimum price but other than that surely it should be able to be used/trained for any of the services you provide. If it can't really be trained for multiple services it's not going to be a good replacement for buyer requests (though I don't think they can really replace that with briefs anyway without lots of sellers losing out).

Ideally it should allow you to set up minimum prices for each gig's briefs though. It does say:

Since you are automatically matched with buyers who have your budget in mind, you’ll be matched according to your Gig price ranges. However, you're free to create an Offer with any budget relevant to what you offer.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 91
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

Ideally it should allow you to set up minimum prices for each gig's briefs though.

My gigs are all so different, so that's the only reason why I only train the AI to go for resumes. The price doesn't make sense for my other gigs.

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

surely it should be able to be used/trained for any of the services you provide.

I'll have to give that a try...resumes are the simplest gig to train AI on. I'll see if I can train it for more complex gigs.

• Like 84
  • Haha 4
  • Up 2

I've tried this, but it still sucks. Why? Because it has no ability to sort by language. Which makes it abso-beeping-useless to anything outside of the English categories. If the AI can't do that, and I personally have to train it to receive more relevant (but still useless briefs since it's not in my language), that's a waste of time. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 84
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, gongor32 said:

I only got 3 brief in lifetime so far.

The briefs come unevenly. I didn't get any for a while, then sporadically. Now I get about 1-2 a day. About the only thing we can control is the lowest amount we will accept briefs for. 

• Like 85
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, danno1950 said:

The briefs come unevenly. I didn't get any for a while, then sporadically. Now I get about 1-2 a day. About the only thing we can control is the lowest amount we will accept briefs for. 

I get about 5 a day, and it seems to be increasing. I also started noticing sellers starting to post their services on Buyer Briefs as well (but I report that as spam immediately).

• Like 84
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 10:39 PM, vickieito said:

I also started noticing sellers starting to post their services on Buyer Briefs as well

Well, that was quick! Wasn't briefs supposed to be a more controles tool to avoid this kind of things? At least now we can mark it as spam!

• Like 77
  • Up 4

@vickieito @danno1950 @smashradio

I made some tests while creating a Brief, after you type the description when you click on category this field will recommend the category based on the description. Now  looks like there are more fields to fill.

Unfortunally I was not able to make more test in others categories, because all times I click on category the page crashe (Chrome and Mozilla).

After trieng 8-10 times I was able to proceed only one time, I don't know if others people are facing this issue. Have you guys tried to create a brief to see how it works?

brief.png

• Like 69
  • Congrats! 7
  • Up 2

43 minutes ago, mateusbl said:

After trieng 8-10 times I was able to proceed only one time, I don't know if others people are facing this issue. Have you guys tried to create a brief to see how it works?

Hi @mateusbl, I'm not having any trouble submitting briefs. I was easily able to add my three categories for my briefs. Did you try 8-10 times consecutively (around the same time)...or did you try at different times in the day? I know Fiverr's site has been buggy due to all the updates they are doing. You might want to check again. It's working now for me.

• Like 71
  • Confused 2
  • Up 1

On 9/9/2022 at 5:23 PM, smashradio said:

I've tried this, but it still sucks. Why? Because it has no ability to sort by language. Which makes it abso-beeping-useless to anything outside of the English categories. If the AI can't do that, and I personally have to train it to receive more relevant (but still useless briefs since it's not in my language), that's a waste of time. 

Same here, and I've been "training the AI" since I got Briefs and never turned them off, rejecting about 99% for not being what I offer. I don't think our common issue with Briefs is even a question of (training the) AI, anyhow, but of thinking and coding.

• Like 66
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

Positive signs on the briefs front for me. I've actually now had several which fit my services. I've sent inquiry messages on a couple of the briefs. Right now I am waiting on a response to a Custom Offer I submitted to one buyer. 

I was rejecting all briefs because they weren't close to what I offer for about a month, so this is a very hopeful sign.

• Like 68
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been gradually training briefs too for proofreading and writing letters of complaint. I finally got a brief for a letter of complaint, sent an offer, and was about to close the deal when the buyer wanted to meet outside of  Fiverr to discuss the details of his complaint. Since he was not a business or select buyer, video meetings were not an option. I told him I preferred to have his details in writing, and it was against Fiverr's TOS to have video calls. He accepted another seller's offer.

Maybe it is time to create a video consultation gig.

Edit: My original post was hidden for mentioning a particular app used for video calls. Interesting. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 71
  • Up 3

On 9/26/2022 at 4:08 PM, vickiespencer said:

I only have one or two gigs where it would be useful. My SPM told me that @danno1950 uses it.

I have been set up for that option, but I'm like Vickie, I don't think it would be all that helpful for my gigs. It's intended to develop a connection with a potential buyer, and answer the questions they might have pre-order. The part that dimmed the light for me was that I would then "have 5 days to write up a summary of the consultation." Seems like it's a lot of work on my side, and I'm not sure buyers would be willing to pay enough to make it worth my while. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just didn't feel strongly enough that I needed this feature to give it a whirl.

I was approved in the "Writing Advice" new category, so I set up a gig there for consultations, but it hasn't received any traction so far.

On 9/9/2022 at 6:46 AM, imagination7413 said:

I'll let you decide!

Sorry, I totally missed this response. Thanks so much for doing that. We can leave the title the way it is. 😀

• Like 64
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

On 9/24/2022 at 7:09 AM, vickieito said:

Hi @mateusbl, I'm not having any trouble submitting briefs. I was easily able to add my three categories for my briefs. Did you try 8-10 times consecutively (around the same time)...or did you try at different times in the day? I know Fiverr's site has been buggy due to all the updates they are doing. You might want to check again. It's working now for me.

Thanks for sharing your experience about the brief, but i don't know where how to use this feature on fiverr can you explain the way you do it pls

On 9/24/2022 at 6:23 AM, mateusbl said:

I made some tests while creating a Brief, after you type the description when you click on category this field will recommend the category based on the description. Now  looks like there are more fields to fill.

Unfortunally I was not able to make more test in others categories, because all times I click on category the page crashe (Chrome and Mozilla).

It is great you have use this features well can you explain how you do this  

• Like 65
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2022 at 11:25 AM, giantseo_pro said:

Thanks for sharing your experience about the brief, but i don't know where how to use this feature on fiverr can you explain the way you do it pls

Hi @giantseo_pro, Here' where you can submit a brief (it's on Fiverr's search page for a buyer):

image.thumb.png.7638ec928f29de26961f963d274e5cd2.png

This is only for buyers posting briefs. 

If you are a seller wanting to make offers on the briefs, you have to turn on your "Get briefs" option on your "Gigs" page: 

image.png.61f079b2a7d870b9ba875d01e25c03a4.png

• Like 66
  • Up 9