Live portfolio button never shows; can we still not remove individual items?

mandyzines

Hello! I just went to my most popular gig and realized that not only was it showcasing risque content--it's also raw audio complete with mouth noise, breaths, etc. that the client wanted but I don't typically deliver to other people.

I think I've had the option button to add orders to live portfolio displayed while delivering only once in the past several months.

I remember this coming up when I first joined and am just wondering if anything's changed. I did just read the support documentation again as well.

Have we been given the ability to remove individual live portfolio items yet?

If not, and since the button only comes up once in a blue moon for me, is the only way I can get around this to put a file in a zip folder?

• Like 9

Hi @mandyzines, I remove live portfolio images all the time! I just removed 3 yesterday with two different buyers.

However, the only way you can do that is to get permission from your buyer to do so. Technically sellers are not supposed to do this (only buyers have that authority), but I have no problems removing the images (or audio in your case) as long as I attach the buyer's authorization to do so when I submit the support ticket.

Zip files are always safe options to avoid this problem or you can also create your own gig images for each delivery and select that image as the Live Gallery image (to prevent the actual order files from being selected).

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @mandyzines, I remove live portfolio images all the time! I just removed 3 yesterday with two different buyers.

However, the only way you can do that is to get permission from your buyer to do so. Technically sellers are not supposed to do this (only buyers have that authority), but I have no problems removing the images (or audio in your case) as long as I attach the buyer's authorization to do so when I submit the support ticket.

Zip files are always safe options to avoid this problem or you can also create your own gig images for each delivery and select that image as the Live Gallery image (to prevent the actual order files from being selected).

That's interesting. 🙂 I could ask the buyer of the most potentially offensive or, um, inspiring, voice overs if he wouldn't mind, because something tells me that he probably didn't mean to give the go-ahead. Is your toggle button always working when you deliver? I know you don't have many replies in a given day, so...confused face for no and heart for yes! HAHA.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 7

That's okay, I'm now approved for unlimited posts on the forum! Woot, Woot!😊

I usually just tell my clients that I noticed their file was on my gallery portfolio and thought that they may have accidentally added it while they closed the order. Fiverr is sneaky in that they always have the checkbox marked to use the delivery image (so buyers have to manually uncheck the box).

The toggle button will only be available if the files are in a format that can be added to the Live Gallery. So Word, Excel, PowerPoint files, and zip files won't turn that option on.

• Like 7

Here are the two "approvals" that I sent in with my support tickets yesterday:

image.png.934729097a8687a1d6a42e026a7858b7.png

The first buyer was appreciative but the second buyer was livid (so I've edited out a lot of the content where she was yelling at me). I think I ruined her weekend.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, vickieito said:

That's okay, I'm now approved for unlimited posts on the forum! Woot, Woot!😊

I usually just tell my clients that I noticed their file was on my gallery portfolio and thought that they may have accidentally added it while they closed the order. Fiverr is sneaky in that they always have the checkbox marked to use the delivery image (so buyers have to manually uncheck the box).

The toggle button will only be available if the files are in a format that can be added to the Live Gallery. So Word, Excel, PowerPoint files, and zip files won't turn that option on.

I've seen the option while delivering once in the past several months, for the same types of files. It's really unfortunate that trying to remove it caused that kind of friction between you and that buyer, when you probably weren't even given the option!!!  I'd be mad if I were them, too. There's definitely a glitch in the Matrix. What browser do you use?

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 6
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, mandyzines said:

I've seen the option while delivering once in the past several months, for the same types of files. It's really unfortunate that trying to remove it caused that kind of friction between you and that buyer, when you probably weren't even given the option!!!  I'd be mad if I were them, too. There's definitely a glitch in the Matrix. What browser do you use?

I use Google Chrome. For this particular buyer, she is a repeat buyer and is either really happy or really mad (no inbetween). This is the third time she accidentally approved an image, so for her orders, I'll just turn off the Live Portfolio option for the entire gig just for her delivery. Then I'll turn it back on.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 6:34 PM, vickieito said:

I use Google Chrome. For this particular buyer, she is a repeat buyer and is either really happy or really mad (no inbetween). This is the third time she accidentally approved an image, so for her orders, I'll just turn off the Live Portfolio option for the entire gig just for her delivery. Then I'll turn it back on.

I'm being told by customer support that sellers do not have the option to keep a delivery out of the gallery, and that button in the delivery window "is a great suggestion and I will immediately forward it to our Product Developers. Hopefully, this could be implemented someday." I'm so lost in this correspondence! It was there, I swear!

If anyone could provide a screenshot of the delivery window with that toggle button it would be GREAT!

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I'm being told by customer support that sellers do not have the option to keep a delivery out of the gallery, and that button in the delivery window "is a great suggestion and I will immediately forward it to our Product Developers. Hopefully, this could be implemented someday." I'm so lost in this correspondence! It was there, I swear!

If anyone could provide a screenshot of the delivery window with that toggle button it would be GREAT!

Hi @mandyzines - this "toggle button" is only available if the gig's Live Portfolio is "unchecked" on the gig page:

image.png.30e2ee7717f703a9d39ddeaa1bd30593.png

This is what it'll look like if it's unchecked:

image.png.67611a2568916761ff9a5c57d2f7c068.png

If the Live Portfolio option is checked, the toggle button isn't there - you can only select which delivery image you want to mark as the delivery image.

image.thumb.png.8a1a5b775813a7e1f8a4fa7bdc24af6e.png

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 7:24 PM, vickieito said:

Hi @mandyzines - this "toggle button" is only available if the gig's Live Portfolio is "unchecked" on the gig page:

This is what it'll look like if it's unchecked:

If the Live Portfolio option is checked, the toggle button isn't there - you can only select which delivery image you want to mark as the delivery image.

I'm still in a back and forth with CS about this. Have you ever gotten to a point with these email strings where so many people get involved and there are so many back and forths that everything loses all meaning? It's like when you repeat a word a few dozen times. I might just start a new support ticket--a blank canvas.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 3