Forgot my phone number and security question. [2018 Merge topic]

alishahusain777

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone on Fiverr, both old and new, i need your help on this, i have been on fiverr for few months now and i wanted to withdraw my dollars to my paypal account and it was not connecting until my account was blocked by Fiverr and telling me to contact support, i did and i was ask to reset my password, now this is where the problem sets in!!! at the point where it ask for my security answer is what i cant remember as i forgot to write it down so i couldn’t pass that stage.
i have contacted support but they are not willing to help me out with my security answer. please anyone experienced this before? or any advice as i need to get back to business. thank you all in advance

Hello everyone on Fiverr, both old and new, i need your help on this, i have been on fiverr for few months now and i wanted to withdraw my dollars to my paypal account and it was not connecting until my account was blocked by Fiverr and telling me to contact support, i did and i was ask to reset my password, now this is where the problem sets in!!! at the point where it ask for my security answer is what i cant remember as i forgot to write it down so i couldn’t pass that stage.

i have contacted support but they are not willing to help me out with my security answer. please anyone experienced this before? or any advice as i need to get back to business. thank you all in advance

they are not willing to help me out with my security answer.

That’s why it’s secure? It’s nice to see Fiverr isn’t giving out passwords to any Tom, Dick or Harry to be honest.

You need to remember your own security answer I’m afraid.

Your account seems to have gone from Fiverr?

• Like 4

We don’t know your security answer either.

The questions are usually ones you know even without having to write them down. Like who was your best friend in school, where did you go to school, things like that.

Yeah i know, i entered what i felt was correct but i only have 3 chances before its locked again, but its not nice at least there is prove that the account is mine from phone verification and email just like other companies do…

Yeah i know, i entered what i felt was correct but i only have 3 chances before its locked again, but its not nice at least there is prove that the account is mine from phone verification and email just like other companies do…

i only have 3 chances before its locked again, but its not nice at least there is prove that the account is mine from phone verification and email just like other companies do…

Oh, really? It’s not nice that Fiverr works to keep their site secure from hackers? How do you forget your own security question answers? Those answers are supposed to be intimate/personal information that only YOU would know. If you don’t know the personal information that you used to secure your account, I question whether that is actually YOUR account to begin with. 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You only joined Fiverr a few days ago - how is it possible to forget your security question and answer in such a short space of time?

Sorry - nobody can help you to remember it - only you can do that. ☀️

how is it possible to forget your security question and answer in such a short space of time?

IKR - Totally mind-boggling! :thinking: smh

Next time choose easy Q&A’s like “how many fingers and toes do I have?”

“What color is Elmo?” and is “Big bird really a bird?🐦 . 🍍

• Like 7

The idea behind having a security question is that only the person who opened the account knows the answer and no one else.

What this means is that only someone with the answer can enter the correct answer, and that person is the account owner.

So when someone else comes along and does not know the answer, they cannot enter the correct answer and no one else knows it either.

So the fact that you do not know the answer means you cannot enter the answer correctly, which means you are locked out of doing that, which means no one can help you, certainly not anyone on this forum and probably no one at customer service either.

The only thing that can help you is knowing that answer~

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I’m so worried i don’t know how i frorgot and when i create my account i not foolow all security option and not fill then now I’m facing trouble my laptop lcd broken and i login from new device now I’m facing restriction

i have same internet connection but using new laptop and pc how i will solve issue i have my first project funds in this account

On 3/1/2018 at 9:14 AM, saimarham said:

i have same internet connection but using new laptop and pc how i will solve issue i have my first project funds in this account

It doesn’t matter that it’s a new laptop - you just need to remember the answer to your security question, which you gave to Fiverr when you set your account up. Nobody can help you to remember it I’m afraid.

• Like 1

they say remember security question and i forgot it my answer they say they cant help me without security answer

now what i do with account if i cant withdraw funds then there is no advantage to take any project more on this account

I’m tired now worried what will happen

On 3/1/2018 at 11:02 AM, saimarham said:

ok i try to remember I’m so worried sir

Start jogging. Unfortunately, nobody on the forum can help you remember your security question/answer. Don’t waste your time contacting CS by the way. Due to security reasons and whatnot, they wouldn’t be able to help you.

• Like 2

• wp_kid locked this topic