How to Handle SPAM Messages from Buyers?

chouchou_art

Hi everyone!

I’m getting a lot of spam messages on Fiverr. 😭They are super annoying. They keep sending me meaningless messages (as you can in picture below)

I check their profile and they are from Bangladesh, Iraq, Bengal....

i've reported them as spam but 2 or 3 spam messages continued to come in every day

Has anyone met the same problem and how to solve it?

Thank you so much 

Untitled-1-01.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/29/2022 at 1:45 AM, donnovan86 said:

Reply with Hi (so it won't affect your response time), mark as spam and move on 🙂

What is the best way to handle the fake Fiverr email messages tempting us to work outside of the system. They come with Fiverr credentials and a Fiverr contact button, but the messages are not replicated in the Fiverr messaging App.

I have just been ignoring them and blocking them and assume they are part of some integrity challenge.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, markeewan said:

What is the best way to handle the fake Fiverr email messages tempting us to work outside of the system. They come with Fiverr credentials and a Fiverr contact button, but the messages are not replicated in the Fiverr messaging App.

I never encountered these. Check the email they are coming from, if it's not from Fiverr just send them to spam or ignore them. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I never encountered these. Check the email they are coming from, if it's not from Fiverr just send them to spam or ignore them. 

Thanks for the response, I checked the email and it was from e.fiverr.com, which is a spam account. I also found the Fiverr spam mailbox and the messages were in there but already annotated by the Fiverr team as spam and the account terminated.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, markeewan said:

Thanks for the response, I checked the email and it was from e.fiverr.com, which is a spam account. I also found the Fiverr spam mailbox and the messages were in there but already annotated by the Fiverr team as spam and the account terminated.

Yes, this is the best way to see if you receive spam or not. Check the sender's email address. They can't send it directly from the main site since they don't have access, so they always try to send from a similar-sounding website. Thankfully, that also means you can catch them easier this way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1