Word counts and package tiers..

katiecontentseo

question about packaging and word counts

https://www.fiverr.com/katiecontentseo/write-your-blog-optimised-for-organic-traffic

I set up basic, standard and premium thinking that the higher the level, the more words it would have and that's how I can charge more. But now there's nothing stopping someone using the basic package and typing 1000 or 2000 words there in the basic package you can see on my gig above, instead of paying the premium package which is more expensive.

Is it better to set up your basic, standard and premiums by including things other than the word counts ie, SEO keywords on the standard (but not basic) and then SEO keyword research for the premium?

So, can you set the gig so the word count is fixed (tier 1 500w, tier 2 1k, tier 3, 2k w) and if they want more then it's a custom quote. I'm confused 

• Like 4

Hi @katiecontentseo,

You could just price the word count the same on every package and it doesn't matter which package the buyer orders. 

Then you could maximize all your gig extras for the SEO keywords and other upsells that make sense. Utilizing your gig extras and add ons such as fast deliveries and revisions can help increase your average selling prices.

• Like 2

Hi! Thanks for commenting.

So I think i will do that. Have it as up to 2,000 words and then the higher packages like you say with the extra stuff.

But then is there a way to turn off the buyers functionality to type their own word count (where it says 500 in this case)??? That would be really helpful!! 

Screenshot_20220828-085017.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, katiecontentseo said:

But then is there a way to turn off the buyers functionality to type their own word count (where it says 500 in this case)??? That would be really helpful!! 

I haven't been able to turn that function off. I assume it's tied with how you set up your gig. As long as it's based on word count, that option will be there. If you were to set up your gig based on something other than word count (such as hours or chapters), it wouldn't show up.

• Like 1