What is my recourse for lost time and money? ****(Fiverr User) Wasted my time!!!

I placed an order to complete an ad for my product. I filled out a detailed description of my product, he agreed to do it, and I paid over $1k. Two weeks later after a significantly delayed start time, he sends me an email stating he didn't want to do the ad because he didn't like the nature of the product. Meanwhile, I have vendors and pieces all over the world designing their schedules according to when this guy says he will deliver. My website guy is waiting for his photos. My social media guy is waiting for the ad and photos. I have had to delay launching my oviduct because of this person not reading what I gave him. Also sent him $70 worth of product, plus $20 shipping. He cancels and basically says "too bad", then when I ask him to return the product he has the GALL to ask ME to pay for shipping.  I there anything I can do? Am I just screwed?

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

• wp_kid changed the title to What is my recourse for lost time and money? ****(Fiverr User) Wasted my time!!!
17 hours ago, templeofsolitud said:

Two weeks later after a significantly delayed start time, he sends me an email stating he didn't want to do the ad because he didn't like the nature of the product.

Sometimes I feel like we need to hear both sides of the story, sounds pretty strange to me that a seller wants to cancel a 1k order just out of the blue. Also cause 1k cancelation might have big impact for his gig and its ranking 🤔

Are you sure you've been completely transparent about the nature of the product beforehand and the seller didn't receive a surprise he didn't expect?  

Also you are willing to spend 1k for an order but then 20$ for the shipping to get your product back became a problem? 🤔 

I don't want to make assumptions but something doesn't add up here to me, sorry

• Like 11
  • Up 2