Can't connect with the CS team to cancel an order.

soad_17

Question

Hi, one of the clients placed an order the day before yesterday without discussing the details with me(he briefed me the work but not the details), it is related to social media marketing for a WordPress plugin.
However, they couldn't provide enough information for me to get started, now they want to cancel the order. 

I had to cancel an order last month because of the exact same reason. The client couldn't provide enough information, and for that, I had to cancel the order and lost my level.

I don't want it to occur again, so I submitted a ticket asking if they could cancel the order without affecting my Order Completion Rate. I have extended the delivery time for a short period just to get it done. It's been more than 24 hours but the CS team is still not replying.

Do I have any other option but to wait? And how to prevent such situation in future(when they buyer can't provide enough information)? 

Thank you!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, soad_17 said:

Do I have any other option but to wait? And how to prevent such situation in future(when they buyer can't provide enough information)?

Yes, you will have to wait. It may take some time. It sometimes may take them time to reply but once they do they will able to handle it accordingly. 

I'm not familiar with the exact service you're offering but in any case you would have to be clear in your gig description what you exactly offer (and if it helps, what you exactly need from the buyer in case your service is very specific). Also it might help that you put buyer requirements (this is found when you edit your gig) so the delivery countdown doesn't start unless the buyer fills up the requirements. 

Being clear on exactly what you need from the buyer in your gig description / gig requirements will also help you in your case with CS and in explaining to the buyer that you need "this specific detail" to be able to complete the order.

• Like 9

Thank you for the explanation. Despite being clear, they didn’t discuss completely with me and placed the order without my permission.

And then the client apologised about not providing enough information for me to get started and also made a statement accepting their fault on the order chat box for the cs team to understand the situation. 

It is very frustrating that anyone can come in and place an order without the consent of the seller in Fiverr.

• Like 6