Jump to content
  • 0

I am a level 2 Seller with over 1200+ reviews on my niche. My got deranked and it is nowhere shown on the search


soft_light
 Share

Question

Hi beautiful people, I am a level two seller with over 1200+ reviews on my niche. My gig got deranked last week and it is nowhere shown on the search results,  its really frustrating that its my full time profession, i really worked hard to get to this postion (Over 3 years hardwork with minimal sleep time).  I even replied to buyers during normal sleep hours. All my hard work gone in one day? I was getting enquires and orders everyday,  after the derank I dont have a single messages from any buyer nor any orders. If im on travel (driving), I even stop the car to text back my buyers,  that how dedicated Im. But all in vain. I am really frustrated and unhappy about this. 

My gig was shown in top 5 all the time before deranking,  and my eyes are bleeding checking everytime to know that my gig is nowhere to be found on the search result. 

I know that gig rotation happens, and every buyer needs spotlight.  But its hard to accept the fact that the gig is nowhere shown on the search. 

People with similar situation please reply their experience.  Thank you so much ❤️

Tried contacting fiverr support and all they give is template messages. 

I dont have option to promote my gig also. 

My gig: https://www.fiverr.com/soft_light

 

 

Screenshot_2022-08-27-15-48-42-845_com.fiverr.fiverr.thumb.jpg.03ac87331d69e6a543b91458e484fcd5.jpg

Edited by soft_light
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

When you say deranked, were you top rated before and now you're level 2? Did you edit your gig?

Or is it just no longer showing for you in the search results/impressions going down?

Edit - your gig is definitely in the search results (since I found it). It's just your turn to be near the back. This rotates every few weeks and you said in your original post you know that this happens, so I'm not sure why you're worrying about it. It's normal for everyone to have weeks like this where you don't get clicks or new messages or orders

Edited by joyh97
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Thank you for the reply ❤️.

Nope.  I was never a top rated seller. 

I have tried to edit the gig after the derank happened. 

Its showing on the search list on last page. 

I know rotations happen, but in my 3 years it always showed up on first or second page and never went on last page until the derank. 

Thank you again 😊

25 minutes ago, joyh97 said:

When you say deranked, were you top rated before and now you're level 2? Did you edit your gig?

Or is it just no longer showing for you in the search results/impressions going down?

Edit - your gig is definitely in the search results (since I found it). It's just your turn to be near the back. This rotates every few weeks and you said in your original post you know that this happens, so I'm not sure why you're worrying about it. It's normal for everyone to have weeks like this where you don't get clicks or new messages or orders

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Whenever you edit your gig this makes your rank drop for 5-10 days in my experience, so editing when you fall behind usually just makes it last longer. If you've always been on the first two pages you're lucky, because that's not normal. I've been here for 4 years and am sometimes on the front page, sometimes on the last page. I have managed to mitigate this a bit by having multiple gigs so when some are lower down, others can still be closer to the front. You could consider adding some more gigs 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

When you say deranged, were you top-rated ahead and now you are position 2?

Did you edit your gig?

 

Or is it just no longer showing for you in the hunt results prints going down?

Edit- your gig is surely in the hunt results( since I set up it). It's just your turn to be near the reverse. This rotates every many week and you said in your original post you know that this happens, so I am not sure why you are fussing about it. It's normal for everyone to have weeks like this where you do not get clicks or new dispatches or orders

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -1
6 hours ago, soft_light said:

My gig got deranked last week

Your gig did not get de-ranked, because there is no rank in the Fiverr search system. That's not how Fiverr works.

6 hours ago, soft_light said:

i really worked hard to get to this postion (Over 3 years hardwork with minimal sleep time).  I even replied to buyers during normal sleep hours.

That is not a sustainable lifestyle, nor is it necessary with good time management.

6 hours ago, soft_light said:

my eyes are bleeding checking everytime to know that my gig is nowhere to be found on the search result. 

Fiverr does not rank gigs in their search system. Fiverr matches gigs to potential buyers, which means that the only people who will see your gig in the search results, are the buyers the system thinks are most likely to hire you. This is why YOU do not see your gigs. YOU are not a buyer of your gig.

6 hours ago, soft_light said:

Tried contacting fiverr support and all they give is template messages. 

Thousands of people beg Fiverr CS for solutions to that CS cannot provide. This is why they send "template messages". It is not Fiverr's responsibility to make sure your gigs show up where you want them to in the search results. Visibility is 100% based upon your seller performance, and it looks like your seller performance has dipped a bit lately. It appears that you have had at least one late delivery, and at least one cancelled order. These things hurt your seller performance, and are likely to lower your visibility in the search results.

1 hour ago, soft_light said:

I have tried to edit the gig after the derank happened. 

Doing this does not guarantee more orders, or increased visibility in search results. 

1 hour ago, soft_light said:

I know rotations happen, but in my 3 years it always showed up on first or second page and never went on last page until the derank. 

There is no "rotation", since gigs are not ranked. Fiverr's search system does not operate like a Google internet search engine. It operates more like a dating site where matches are made. Matches (gig-to-buyer), NOT ranked results on any specific page. 

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...