What's the best way to give comissioned people credit (and is it allowed)?

cosmocreature

Hello everyone 🙂

I'm new to fiverr, as a buyer, and really excited about using the site!
I couldn't find an answer to my question, so I thought I would make my own post.
So I want to use someones voiceover work in a video, and post it to Youtube and Twitter. Whenever people are part of my projects, I like to give them credit.

So I was wondering: 

• Is it okay to credit the people I'm commissioning in the finished video, with their fiverr-username, if they give me consent?
  • Can I add their fiverr-username and their fiverr-link in the video-description (social media) with their consent, too?
  • And if there are illustrators/musicians/voiceover artists/other creators reading this: Do you have a preference on how you like to be credited in a youtube video (or another media), or do you prefer to stay anonymous?

(I'm gonna add two rough example images, with placeholder usernames, on the bottom, to visualize what I mean.)

Of course, I will ask each commissioned person seperately if they are comfortable being credited or not, and how they would like to be credited, in case I plan to do that. I'm just curious if there could be some problem with it, and if people have opinions about it. Knowing more about how people think about it could make it easier for me to decide how to handle this.

Thank you very much for reading! ❤️

credits-example-01.jpg.d20bd2bd2c95e9b9ca81e4f36f31778c.jpg

credits-example-02.jpg.9b56077e2d5054cc8d63083a16c9305c.jpg

Edited by cosmocreature
  • Like 8

Basically, if you purchased Commercial Use Rights for the gig, or the gig was silent on the topic of Commercial Use Rights (which then defaults to including it, per the site ToS), you can do whatever you want. Asking consent is good manners. I'm a buyer as well, and I do the same thing. I've neither seen nor heard of any limit against it.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, moikchap said:

Basically, if you purchased Commercial Use Rights for the gig, or the gig was silent on the topic of Commercial Use Rights (which then defaults to including it, per the site ToS), you can do whatever you want. Asking consent is good manners. I'm a buyer as well, and I do the same thing. I've neither seen nor heard of any limit against it.

That sounds great!
So I guess there's nothing to worry about if I want to credit people. I feel relieved 😄
Thank you for your response!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cosmocreature said:

So I want to use someones voiceover work in a video, and post it to Youtube and Twitter. Whenever people are part of my projects, I like to give them credit.

Honestly, it has nothing to do with commercial rights. It's just nice to ask if the VO artist minds, and how they wish to be identified. I can't imagine anyone objecting.  

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Honestly, it has nothing to do with commercial rights. It's just nice to ask if the VO artist minds, and how they wish to be identified. I can't imagine anyone objecting.  

I had that thought too!
Somehow I'm never 100% certain about legal details like this, though.
If I can afford it, I always try to buy commercial rights, to be on the save side. 

Thank you very much for your reply! 😄

• Like 7

Is it okay to credit the people I'm commissioning in the finished video, with their fiverr-username, if they give me consent?

Yes. 

Can I add their fiverr-username and their fiverr-link in the video-description (social media) with their consent, too?

Yes. 

And if there are illustrators/musicians/voiceover artists/other creators reading this: Do you have a preference on how you like to be credited in a youtube video (or another media), or do you prefer to stay anonymous?

I prefer to be credited with my Fiverr username if the VO comes from Fiverr. If not, I prefer my real name. However, there are times when I wouldn't want to be credited, and most of the time, VOs aren't credited unless we're doing parts in cartoons or in dubbing/narration for TV-shows. I think I've been asked once if it was OK and that was a charity project. For a few documentaries and such that I've done over the years, it's a given to be credited as "Narrator" with my full name. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Yes. 

Yes. 

I prefer to be credited with my Fiverr username if the VO comes from Fiverr. If not, I prefer my real name. However, there are times when I wouldn't want to be credited, and most of the time, VOs aren't credited unless we're doing parts in cartoons or in dubbing/narration for TV-shows. I think I've been asked once if it was OK and that was a charity project. For a few documentaries and such that I've done over the years, it's a given to be credited as "Narrator" with my full name. 

Oh, that's pretty straight forward, how nice! 😄

And thank you so much for sharing your own experience and views about it ❤️
Peoples personal opinions are especially interesting to know about! 

• Like 5