Hey Everyone! Excited to be here...

2 hours ago, usjoomlawebguy said:

Any tips for the new guy?  They call me Johnny Marketer! 

Hey Johnny! 

Welcome to Fiverr! Much of what applies in marketing a business applies here on Fiverr as well. I've written at length about it on the forum, but in short, building an excellent reputation and getting fantastic feedback from your buyers is key to success on Fiverr. As an experienced buyer, I'm sure you know about the private reviews at the end of each order. They can make or break a business on Fiverr. 

Some quick tips as I look over your gigs: 

• Your gig videos are a bit bland. Using highly engaging videos with a voice-over and not just text could help. When you have a video ready, make some excellent thumbnails. Add it to the end of your video and set it as your video thumbnail. That way, it will function as your thumbnail when viewed in search results. It's essential to have eye-catching, modern, and clean thumbnails. Get inspiration from the top sellers in your category (but don't copy them!)
  • If you can, a professional business portrait can help you appear more professional. Show. Don't tell. 
  • Some typos here and there in your gig description. "A man's accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail." - John Foster Dulles

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you need more specific advice about your gigs. 

And one final piece of advice: vet anyone who gives you advice on this forum. Check out their Fiverr profile (fiverr.com/username) to ensure that they have some success. If they don't, their own advice clearly didn't work for them, and there's much of that going on here on the forum. 

Best of luck! 😄 

• Like 9

21 hours ago, smashradio said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  Already getting fishy messages and all.  Just looking to help clients who need services which I am great at!  I have fun doing it. 

Hey Johnny! 

Welcome to Fiverr! Much of what applies in marketing a business applies here on Fiverr as well. I've written at length about it on the forum, but in short, building an excellent reputation and getting fantastic feedback from your buyers is key to success on Fiverr. As an experienced buyer, I'm sure you know about the private reviews at the end of each order. They can make or break a business on Fiverr. 

Some quick tips as I look over your gigs: 

• Your gig videos are a bit bland. Using highly engaging videos with a voice-over and not just text could help. When you have a video ready, make some excellent thumbnails. Add it to the end of your video and set it as your video thumbnail. That way, it will function as your thumbnail when viewed in search results. It's essential to have eye-catching, modern, and clean thumbnails. Get inspiration from the top sellers in your category (but don't copy them!)
  • If you can, a professional business portrait can help you appear more professional. Show. Don't tell. 
  • Some typos here and there in your gig description. "A man's accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail." - John Foster Dulles

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you need more specific advice about your gigs. 

And one final piece of advice: vet anyone who gives you advice on this forum. Check out their Fiverr profile (fiverr.com/username) to ensure that they have some success. If they don't, their own advice clearly didn't work for them, and there's much of that going on here on the forum. 

Best of luck! 😄 

• Like 8