Making Changes to Gigs and Profile

turtlerollsadub

Hi fellow Fiverr sellers!  I've got a question.  It's clear that any time you make changes to a gig and/or your profile, you get kicked out of the algorithms until it can re-assign your value.  My question is, does it lessen this blow to your visibility if you do a bunch of changes all at once?  Or is it better to space out the changes slowly over time?  Does anyone have any insight or suggestions on how to mitigate the damage done your visibility and ranking when making these kinds of changes?  Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes to this thread! 🙂

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, turtlerollsadub said:

Can you tell me more about this part?

Anything that could be changed was changed - I standardized my gig images, updated my gig videos, updated my titles & tags, added subscriptions to all my gigs, used all of my gig extras, removed unlimited revisions, added surcharges for expediting and additional revisions, updated my gig descriptions, used all my FAQs (and cross linked my gigs in the FAQs), optimized my order requirements, updated my portfolio and gallery images, updated my packages, and increased my prices. When Negative Keywords came out for Seller Plus members, I added them in too.

• Like 4
  • Congrats! 2

5 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Anything that could be changed was changed - I standardized my gig images, updated my gig videos, updated my titles & tags, added subscriptions to all my gigs, used all of my gig extras, removed unlimited revisions, added surcharges for expediting and additional revisions, updated my gig descriptions, used all my FAQs (and cross linked my gigs in the FAQs), optimized my order requirements, updated my portfolio and gallery images, updated my packages, and increased my prices. When Negative Keywords came out for Seller Plus members, I added them in too.

This is soooooo helpful!  Thank you so much!!

• Like 3
  • Up 4

19 hours ago, vickieito said:

I tend to do all my major changes at once (every 6 months), and then make minor tweaks in between if necessary. All my changes have been positive, so I got a  nice boost in impressions after each change.

I had another question for you, if you don't mind?  I was wondering if adding new gigs has the same impact on your visibility/ranking due to the algorithm's reassignment of your value? 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, hasnain_099 said:

888888888888888888frequent changes should be avoided.  ??   why can you tell me the  Reason ?

It's because of what I stated in my OP:

22 hours ago, turtlerollsadub said:

It's clear that any time you make changes to a gig and/or your profile, you get kicked out of the algorithms until it can re-assign your value.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

29 minutes ago, turtlerollsadub said:

I had another question for you, if you don't mind?  I was wondering if adding new gigs has the same impact on your visibility/ranking due to the algorithm's reassignment of your value? 

I honestly don't know. I knew that making changes could impact the algorithm, so I chose to create 6 new gigs on the same day to minimize impact. These gigs were created about 2 weeks after my first gig, so all 7 of them were new and grew in visibility together. When I make changes, I write the changes in a Word document first so that when it's update time, I have all the information and can make all the changes and updates very quickly.

• Like 2