indians on fiverr and someone willing to help out

randy_334

Question

hi.

i am a new buyer on fiverr and after having a nice developer to build a server for me, i found out apparently none of my credit or debit cards work... niether on fiverr nor on paypal. fiverr just says generic error while paypal reaches till OTP and after that, nothing...

i asked support of both fiverr and paypal. fiverr says "clear cookies" which is stupid because i have tried multiple computers, mobile apps and even different places but same error.

paypal are saying something about "e-mandate" but no clear resolution.

i have used, icici, sbi, hdfc, with all sorts of debit and credit cards with international payments enabled.

i have checked, i regularly buy from amazon.com and from international air ticket agents so i know the cards do work...

can someone give me a concrete solution to this? if there is a way for the seller to be paid directly, with fiverrs blessing of course, or via crypto which i know is not allowed but in this case, i have the money but stupid cards gateway is not letting me so what should i do?

i could go even so far as to say if someone is able to actually pay, that i send funds to them indirectly and they pay my seller, i dont know, i am grasping at straws here..

the dev says he has already finished most of the work so it would be a shame if he wont be able to get paid for his work. i dont want that

20220821_170116_1101157247211664425.jpg

Edited by randy_334
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

3 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, randy_334 said:

if there is a way for the seller to be paid directly, with fiverrs blessing of course, or via crypto which i know is not allowed but in this case, i have the money but stupid cards gateway is not letting me so what should i do?

No. It is absolutely prohibited to pay anyone directly, there is no "blessing" from fiverr you can get to do this. You have to use one of these listed methods:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360050216753-Available-Payment-Methods

Your bank may be blocking this as a suspicious foreign transaction, in which case, calling them and asking them to allow the payment to fiverr in advance could help, but as is listed in the error message, the error is with your bank, not with fiverr, so it's unlikely anyone here can help. Buyers and sellers from india are very common here so that shouldn't be an issue.

In other words - don't contact paypal, contact the bank you are trying to use paypal to pay from. That is likely the source of the blockage.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, joyh97 said:

No. It is absolutely prohibited to pay anyone directly, there is no "blessing" from fiverr you can get to do this. You have to use one of these listed methods:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360050216753-Available-Payment-Methods

Your bank may be blocking this as a suspicious foreign transaction, in which case, calling them and asking them to allow the payment to fiverr in advance could help, but as is listed in the error message, the error is with your bank, not with fiverr, so it's unlikely anyone here can help. Buyers and sellers from india are very common here so that shouldn't be an issue.

In other words - don't contact paypal, contact the bank you are trying to use paypal to pay from. That is likely the source of the blockage.

i mentioned at least 3 banks in my original post so either 5 different banks are all lying about "everything is fine from our side" without giving them any specific error code even or some non-fungible message that they can track, you are just repeating what the docs say.

i have tried Multiple bank accounts, multiple credit and debit cards. all are working perfectly fine on amazon.com and other outside-india payment portals  so i know the problem is on fiverr end.

oh, before you say its something with my accounts, i have now used cards from 5 different people with different banks so how is that the fault of a single bank?

>Buyers and sellers from india are very common here so that shouldn't be an issue.

i am tying to get someone like that to talk to me but right now all i am getting is generic shrugs from fiverr about cookies.

i am TRYING TO PAY, is that too hard for fiverr to understand and take note of?

as i said, if someone from india is already active on fiverr, i am willing to pay them so that they can inturn pay the dev.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You said you tried different banks, but only mentioned asking for support from Fiverr and Paypal.

We're just buyers and sellers here, we aren't customer support. You're unlikely to get much more advice than what I said above because none of us have any more insight into your issues than you do. Also, you're much better off asking a friend to pay for you than a random stranger on the internet who could just take your money and leave. 

Being rude to the people trying to help you won't get you anywhere.

• Like 4