does promoting your gig on social media helps in ranking?

graphictempo

Question

since I was promoting my gig randomly on Facebook my gig was ranking everyday even it came from page 7 to first page and I got my first order after completing my first order with five star rating my gig started deranking and went back to page 3 now I am afraid that it will go back further downward so how can I save it from deranking should I start promoting it again kindly seniors tell me.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, graphictempo said:

since I was promoting my gig randomly on Facebook my gig was ranking everyday even it came from page 7 to first page and I got my first order after completing my first order with five star rating my gig started deranking and went back to page 3 now I am afraid that it will go back further downward so how can I save it from deranking should I start promoting it again kindly seniors tell me.

Gigs will rotate in the search results based on relevancy and your performance. Remember that your public feedback doesn't count that much, and even buyers who leave positive ratings publically may say something entirely different in the anonymous, private review that Fiverr asks for after the order is complete. 

Doing a great job and impressing your buyers is crucial because it will affect your buyer satisfaction rate. Only take on jobs that you know you're good at, make sure that you communicate well with your buyers and understand their needs before starting the work, keep your buyers updated along the way, be friendly, helpful, polite, and deliver top-notch work. Doing that increases the chances of getting positive private feedback, which is way more important than public reviews. 

Another great tip is to under-promise and over-deliver. Exceed expectations. 

That said, no, spamming social media with your gigs won't help. It might give you some traffic, but it's bad traffic. You increase the risk of getting scammed, spammed, and taken advantage of. Sharing in gig sharing groups and industry groups is useless. 

If you want to market your gig on social media, I suggest creating a landing page that funnels people into your gig and then buying ad space on social media for that landing page. You can also create a business page on Facebook and market that, funneling leads from there to your gig. But avoid random sharing and spam. It doesn't help in the long run. 

Your buyers are here on Fiverr. You should focus on making your gig the best it can be and market yourself here on Fiverr. Doing great work increases the chance of positive feedback and repeat buyers. That's how you do it. There are no "tricks" and simple solutions to this; it takes time, hard work, and investment to succeed. 

• Like 2