Gig that for no reason has fallen behind in pages

writing_legacy

Hi Fiverr community, a week earlier, my gig was at the top of the second page for the desired tag. On 15th, when fiverr does it's algorithm thing, made my gig almost disappear. Now it has been around 4 days since then that my gig everywhere is right at the last page and almost at the bottom. The specific gig has 16 5* reviews and all metrics are above 90%. I just do not know why my impressions fell from literally 350+ per day to 10 and 15 per day. It has really been bothering me. Can anyone help or knows what's happening?

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, spaintranslator said:

The best way to learn how to make your gig better is learning to search through the forum.
The same question has been posted over an over again.

This is not the same issue, I do not want to improve my gig, it is good enough, all i am asking is why it is on the last page after being on the second page for a month now. I am below pages and pages of sellers who have zero reviews.

• Like 6

On 8/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, writing_legacy said:

This is not the same issue, I do not want to improve my gig, it is good enough, all i am asking is why it is on the last page after being on the second page for a month now. I am below pages and pages of sellers who have zero reviews.

KInda seems like rotation, doesn't it? You weren't expecting to remain on page 2 permanently while everyone else rotated in and out did you? As @spaintranslator said, this has been addressed about a million times here in the forum.

You joined 2 years ago, and only have 22 reviews, and most of your services are $5. I think it is more surprising that you were on page 2 for a while. Fiverr favors gigs that make them money, and while they sometimes give you some additional visibility, if you don't book sales, that does not last long. 

Funny, no one complains when they rotate up to first page, but drop some and suddenly "Fiverr is broken." 

• Like 6
  • Up 3

On 8/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, writing_legacy said:

all i am asking is why it is on the last page after being on the second page for a month now. I am below pages and pages of sellers who have zero reviews.

Fiverr's algorithm is based on relevancy, so if you aren't getting shown in search, it's because your gig is not considered relevant when buyers search for your service. Other sellers, based on performance, reviews, and seller metrics are seen as more relevant. Fiverr also rotates gigs, as @newsmike mentioned, to allow temporary exposure for all sellers, so don't be surprised if you see other gigs rotated in front of yours.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:34 PM, writing_legacy said:

I just do not know why my impressions fell from literally 350+ per day to 10 and 15 per day. It has really been bothering me. Can anyone help or knows what's happening?

Normally a sudden drop in impressions is due to a negative private review. Those are reviews that you never see. Buyers can leave 3 reviews on each order, 2 private and 1 public. The private reviews are given higher emphasis, as buyers can be more honest in their reviews.

On 8/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, writing_legacy said:

I do not want to improve my gig, it is good enough

If you don't want to improve your gig, then keep doing what you're doing.

If you do want to improve your gig and become more relevant in search so your gig gets found, then you can follow the advice given by @spaintranslator. I'm always looking for ways to improve my gigs so that I can provide better services to my customers.

• Like 6
  • Up 2