My potential buyer don't want to make payment unless she received the completed job...

atinhub

Hi! My name is Atin, video animator. Where my gig is about creating explainer video.  I have a question, should I accept this job as my potential buyer don't want to make payment unless she received the completed job?

The agreed price is about 212 $ for 15 minutes explainer video. Then I create the custom offer with agreed price. Unfortunately, she don't want to make payment as her company's policy not given her permission to do so unless I have given her the completed job. I read the Fiverr's term and conditions, where the buyer should agree and make a payment before the job started. Hence, I am really sceptical about this and ask the buyer to pay at least 30% of the price when half is completed and order the next for another 70% on the other half. She still can't make a decision and ask me to wait for her finance department to either agree or disagree with this. 

In conclusion, I really hope buyers would understand their terms and conditions as stated in Fiverr because this make a hassle for the sellers.  

Edited by atinhub
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yes. I already explained to her about the delivery that the money will not release to me until I deliver the job. 

alright, I will not do the down payment arrangement. Thanks for the advice.

should I reject the buyer then and looking for other opportunities?

Edited by atinhub
  • Like 2
  • Congrats! 1

6 minutes ago, atinhub said:

should I reject the buyer then and looking for other opportunities?

Not necessarily "reject" the buyer, just be firm that you will follow the arrangement that Fiverr has stated in their terms and conditions. You can try again to assure them of the systems that Fiverr has in place and even suggest they talk to Customer Support if they have any clarifications. If If they really want you to work without initial payment upfront then that would be up to you but Fiverr cannot protect you should the buyer not like your delivery and not pay. I would personally just say you're not up for an arrangement like that if they would insist.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

Hi @atinhub, I had several buyers with similar company policies.

For one buyer, we did what you suggested. We started a partial order for the first $50. The company reviewed the materials and allowed the buyer to place another order for the remaining $450.

For the second buyer, she opted to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed by her company later on.

I agree with @theratypist that you have to be firm on Fiverr's policy that they should pay before you perform any work. How they do that according to their company policies is up to them.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @atinhub, I had several buyers with similar company policies.

For one buyer, we did what you suggested. We started a partial order for the first $50. The company reviewed the materials and allowed the buyer to place another order for the remaining $450.

For the second buyer, she opted to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed by her company later on.

I agree with @theratypist that you have to be firm on Fiverr's policy that they should pay before you perform any work. How they do that according to their company policies is up to them.

Absolutely right, Buyer should follow and respect fiver terms and conditions. 

• Like 3