Payment Waiting 14 Days - How Can We Be Paid Faster

stevemorris147

32 minutes ago, stevemorris147 said:

Or is this place a scam?

A lot of employers pay salaries only once a month including Amazon and other companies. Are they a scam too? 
When you are working as a freelancer and invoicing your clients it  usually takes them 14 days to a month to pay your invoice. 
So 14 days is reasonable and gives a cushion for fiverr if you delivered poor job and client will ask for a refund 

• Like 11
  • Up 5

Many people get paid in seven days here. You just have to work hard and become one of those. Plus, we also get instant payment against a tiny fee if we want it. Again, work your way up and this will be available to you.

Fourteen days do not seem very long at all. I used to do consultancy work on a regular basis for Unilever. They must have been running a scam as they paid their freelancers on a 90-day cycle!

It's beyond my understanding why you would immediately offer us two response options: 'Option A' is because Fiverr wants to swindle you out of your accrued interest of micropennies, and 'Option B' is because Fiverr is a scam. I'm guessing you have not a lot of business experience since a 14-day term is extremely fast. When I was working to the 14-day cycle, I never had an issue with it.

Maybe you need to work for Unilever to get things in perspective. 🙂

• Like 16

Thankyou everyone for taking the time to post, appreciate it. My fault for not reading the terms and conditions.

Thanks mariateller, the cushion for fiverr, the client left review was happy with the work, not sure how there could be an issue.

Anniejenkins, I didn't ask about Uniliver, its beyond my understanding why you immediately make a comparison to site not mentioned. Re micropennies, they turn over hundreds of millions of dollar a year, so it becomes a lot of money in interest. With your astute business acumen,  I am sure you would knew that.

Thank you ridwansugi, i did check it out, there is wait list, will see what happens.

It was an experience, first impressions was not great, my last experience will be getting paid and leaving..

All the best and thank you for the responses.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

9 hours ago, stevemorris147 said:

My fault for not reading the terms and conditions

You're not the first! 

not sure how there could be an issue

There probably isn't, it's more of a 'just in case'.

Anniejenkins, I didn't ask about Uniliver,

I think @anniejenkinson was just trying to point out that immediate payments are a rarity for work and not the norm, and in Unilevers case they make you wait a massive 90 days. Also I'm sure Fiverr does like the time value of funds in the bank like you say!

It was an experience, first impressions was not great, my last experience will be getting paid and leaving..

It used to annoy me a bit too to be honest, but once you start getting regular orders, you'll have earnings regularly clearing, and it really won't bother you (at least it doesn't bother me). Also, as @ridwansugi mentioned as you progress with Fiverr you get your earnings quicker. I understand this may have soured your experience but if you stick with it Fiverr could be the best thing that happens to you!

• Like 9

Just as fun trivia to add to the time ranges mentioned here; traditional print publishers (paperbacks and hardcovers in brick and mortar, not ebooks on a web store) often pay authors quarterly on a quarterly delay. So it can be up to six months between release and your first royalty check.

• Like 7

On 8/19/2022 at 12:53 PM, williambryan392 said:

@Newmikes, it was merely a question. I feel blessed to have god like symbol (Grand Master 🙄) such as yourself taking the time to respond. Thank you sir, for your wisdom, for enlightening me with your wisdom.  Glad this place makes you feel important. Hang in there my friend.

Edited by stevemorris147
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

False and misleading advertising. Not once one the page but twice.

When I contacted support - 

Please bear in mind that per our guidelines every user needs to agree to and confirm that they have read and understood it, stating that the funds will be available to the seller once the clearance period is completed, which is 14 days. For some sellers, such as Pro and Top Rated the clearance period is only 7 days and for many sellers, there is even an option for early or immediate clearance, where a small fee is applied to the cleared funds. 

*** The Terms and Conditions are 9000+ words and the 14 days isn't in that... It is the payment terms another 4000 words.....

As  I can see you claim that we advertise immediate availability of the funds, which I was not able to locate, so if possible please send me a screenshot or even better a link to the page where this is advertised. It would really help us a lot and I will make sure that this is sent to the relevant team.

Oh the Irony, they expect us to read 13000 words for there hidden conditions, but they can't even find the main sellers page that they use for advertising.

I am sure the ACCC here will have field day with them for false and misleading advertising...

image.png.04176f71645cb965e03a544c1ffa06a7.png

• Like 2
  • Up 1

So I guess I'm part of the small minority here. However, I don't see what they said as invalid at all. Maybe their delivery was a bit off, but the Poster made some valid points. I personally do feel in this day and age taking two weeks to pay for a gig is a bit long. Especially since for many freelancers this may not be their main thing but a small source of income. And the fact that Fiverr pays 7 days out for their plus people, shows they can pay within seven days they just choose not to. I remember for years Upwork use to have people wait two weeks till they started to realize thats too long. 

Honestly truth be told any job can pay within a shorter timeframe they just choose not to. Yes we can say its because Fiverr needs to make sure your work is good etc. However the buyer does have three days to certify their satisfaction with an order before it is marked "complete".  Granted I know Fiverr is valid and legit and not a scam, however they are right, Fiverr could pay quicker. 

I have been on upwork for five years now and their former two week period to me was doing too much. Keep in mind 14 days may not seem long to many of "you", however it is for the poster and I felt the same when I first started with Fiverr and still feel that way even though I have only delivered exemplary work. Because if once I become a plus or top rated seller I get access to seven days it showcases Fiverr can pay quicker but chooses not to. My belief is because the Top rated or plus sellers make Fiverr more money, so this gives an incentive to do more orders thus making the platform more money as well, since they take their cut. 

Yes Fiverr may want one to prove they are a good freelancer on the site before giving them earlier access to their funds..... But that's only one side of things, you guys have to sometimes consider the business side of things too for them. It's kind of like Instacart or Doordash how many of those rideshare companies require their drivers to do 10 or so deliveries before getting same day access to funds. It's an incentive for the drivers to do more deliveries for their platform, which im sure on the business side they hope by that point they will stay on the platform doing more deliveries for them, thus making more money. I could legit go on, but you guys gotta see the other side to this too.

So Stevemorris147 had a point in my book!

source.gif