Even Briefs are spammed—what do you think? 🤔

vickiespencer

I actually have come to despise the Briefs section! Every time I see the notification I only click on it to get that pesky, red dot away. And it also clutters my email inbox for which I cannot turn the notifications off -_- 

I understand some people might get orders from it but for me all the requests are either something I don't provide or (like your example) people asking for jobs.

For me it just seems like the same ol' Buyer Request section. Overall I've just not seen the amazing added value of it but, then again, who am I 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

I actually have come to despise the Briefs section!

Same. Back when the feature was launched I ranted about it. @frank_d said the team behind "Briefs" learned their lesson. Apparntly, they didn't get enough homework. D Minus. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

Are you surprised? 

Yes, I was surprised. I thought briefs were supposed to get rid of the Buyer Request spamming.

54 minutes ago, sabinespoems said:

I cannot turn the notifications off -_- 

Oh, but you can. Just go to your gig page and turn briefs off! 😊

361303418_ScreenShot2022-08-17at3_51_47PM.thumb.png.5a7d3ea59bcafda60563643c32f06a2b.png

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Apparntly, they didn't get enough homework. D Minus. 

Needless to say I definitely give them 1  and I definitely won't recommend to a friend nor is the service as described! 

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Oh, but you can. Just go to your gig page and turn briefs off! 😊

You're a lifesaver! I was looking at the settings to not get the notifications, but now I'll just turn it off completely. Thank you 😄 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I received this brief today. Is this a new form of spam? Or possibly a new seller who has not read TOS and does not know how Fiverr works?1739231369_ScreenShot2022-08-17at12_18_42PM.thumb.png.a13000280d21996efbe775a566f65605.png

As long as Fiver is free to join and there is no verification of skills, literacy or even location, this is the 3rd world sweatshop reality in which we are forced to operate our businesses.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, newsmike said:

No, you misunderstand. The user and comment was what I referred to, and the fact that it seemed out of character with Netherlands. 

Noted, I wasn't actually offended anyway! I just take any chance I get to use gifs relevant to a situation.

15 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Is Omar a name generally considered native to Holland?

It's not considered native but since there are a lot of people living here with an Arabic background, it's a relatively popular name.  

P.s. I didn't want to take the thread off topic, but I figured sharing information about countries is always interesting! 

• Like 9

15 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

You're a lifesaver! I was looking at the settings to not get the notifications, but now I'll just turn it off completely. Thank you 😄 

I've turned it off a while back and it has definitely given me more peace! Lol... I let it stay on for a week when it released and I felt it was just annoying in general hahahaha

• Like 6

OK, I'm turning off the Brief feature again. I gave it a solid chance. The last two briefs I got were for:

1) Typing and transcribing documents

2) Help create a fantasy video game

I have nothing in my profile to indicate that I would be a fit for either of these briefs. If this is as close as they can get because the category is "Writing & Translation," I can now say I think this new matching is a total fail. I'll turn it on again later and see if they get any closer to actual matches that could lead to work.

• Like 22
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I just don't get how this is ultimately different from BRs, apart from being more irritating giving that it's now a notification.

I turned them back on when someone posted they had finally gotten some work out of a Brief. After several irrelevant and spammy ones, I finally got one that fit my service but never got a reply from the Buyer.

Now, I have turned them off again. It just feels too much like a "let's toss this on the wall and see if it will stick" type of feature at this point.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I am still exploring this feature for the last few days. I am not much hopeful about it. Not a signal person responded back positively. 🙃

Although my response is always within few seconds most of the time. Let's see what improvement we get in future. My experience with Buyer Request feature was not good at all. Rarely found any relevant one but I think Brief is much better option, but still its a struggle for Sellers to grab an order.

• Like 6