Can you leave private feedback after a public review?

raghnalltuathai

As a buyer, can you submit private feedback even after you and the seller have rated each other? Is it then not risky to rate buyers honestly (in negative cases)? There were a couple of threads that confirmed that private negative feedback has incredibly huge effects on a gig. Suppose the client is satisfied with the work and gives 5 stars, but for the seller the cooperation was unpleasant and they make this public in a negative review and the buyer sees it on their profile; do they still have the option to leave private feedback afterwards? Just curious. In that case you could "take revenge" untruthfully.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds awful. So it's better not to leave a review at all or just a 5 star review to not anger the master. A private review is not a problem in itself, but the fact that it has side effects like shutting down a whole profile for up to 60 days (as you can read in the thread of @designboom ) is probably not worth leaving honest feedback with an unfriendly customer.

Edited by raghnalltuathai
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, raghnalltuathai said:

Thanks for clarifying. Sounds awful. So it's better not to leave a review at all or just a 5 star review to not anger the master. A private review is not a problem in itself, but the fact that it has side effects like shutting down a whole profile for up to 60 days (as you can read in the thread of @designboom ) is probably not worth leaving honest feedback with an unfriendly customer.

The worst thing to me is that I didn`t get a negative public feedback, but just a negative private one. And from a new buyer (as far as I know, from what my success manager told me). And so I don`t know exactly what went wrong. I would rather see that the buyer is honest and when I deliver the job, they tell me if they want anything changes, that`s why revisions are for.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, designboom said:

And from a new buyer

I don't know if this is exactly how it happened, but I am often shocked at how much power Fiverr gives even new buyers over sellers who may have been active on the platform for several years. Especially with new customers on the platform that do not really understand how Fiverr works yet.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

26 minutes ago, raghnalltuathai said:

I don't know if this is exactly how it happened, but I am often shocked at how much power Fiverr gives even new buyers over sellers who may have been active on the platform for several years. Especially with new customers on the platform that do not really understand how Fiverr works yet.

Yes its crazy how important are these first-time Buyers. Those are Buyers whose very first purchase on Fiverr.  They calculate their experience separately because if they have a bad experience with a Seller during their first purchase they tend to not come back to Fiverr at all, not just to that Seller. 

And since now my gigs are nowhere to be found, I asked my success manager how the hell, I am going to improve that, if 1. I get orders only from regular clients, 2. Promotion options are disabled. He didn`t had any good advice for me rather than I had to drive my own traffic. I told him if I knew how to do that, I would not work on Fiverr and had my own design agency.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...