Top-Rated Seller after being demoted.

yengjim

Question

Hello Fiverr sellers, 

I was promoted right after a day of evaluation day. Things were going great but I got a warning one time. Then about 5 months later, I got another warning, I panicked thinking I was to be demoted and said some mean stuff to Fiverr which let me get a warning again resulting in my demotion. 

How long did it take to get promoted again once you had been demoted from top-rated seller? It's been exactly 8 months for me since I got demoted and I have not got it back. I thought this time was going to be it. My stats were all 100%, no active warnings, I was being ranked and I have earned a decent income this month. But no, they moved the evaluation date to next month again. 

Are they able to see why I was demoted? Could I be black listed? 

• Like 9

6 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, yengjim said:

I got a warning one time. Then about 5 months later, I got another warning,

If you had read, and abided by the Fiverr Terms of Service, you likely wouldn't have gotten either warning.

How long did it take to get promoted again once you had been demoted from top-rated seller?

You may not want to hear this, but if you were demoted from TRS because you broke Fiverr's TOS/rules, you may never be a TRS again, because you have proven to Fiverr that you are not TRS material. TRS sellers do not break Fiverr's TOS.

Are they able to see why I was demoted? Could I be black listed?

Fiverr knows exactly why you were demoted, because your demotion was manual. Your demotion was because you broke the TOS/rules. Fiverr takes this sort of thing very seriously.

The good news is, though, you do not need to be a TRS in order to be a successful seller on Fiverr.

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 9

33 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

The good news is, though, you do not need to be a TRS in order to be a successful seller on Fiverr.

The thing is I barely got ranked once and for 7 days without the TRS. 

34 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

You may not want to hear this, but if you were demoted from TRS because you broke Fiverr's TOS/rules, you may never be a TRS again, because you have proven to Fiverr that you are not TRS material. TRS sellers do not break Fiverr's TOS.

1 hour ago, yengjim said:

Guess, I should end my hopes then. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

If you had read, and abided by the Fiverr Terms of Service, you likely wouldn't have gotten either warning.

Fiverr knows exactly why you were demoted, because your demotion was manual. Your demotion was because you broke the TOS/rules. Fiverr takes this sort of thing very seriously.

Were you also demoted from top-rated seller? I see you've been on FIverr for a long time. 

• Like 7

On 8/17/2022 at 11:00 AM, jonbaas said:

Fiverr doesn't rank gigs. That's not how Fiverr works. 

On 8/17/2022 at 9:25 AM, yengjim said:

They do rank gigs. That's the whole point of Fiverr. Everyone has their turn, some have their turns more frequent than others. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

The thing is I barely got ranked once and for 7 days without the TRS.

Fiverr doesn't rank gigs. That's not how Fiverr works. 

Guess, I should end my hopes then.

Like I said, you don't need to be a TRS to be successful here on Fiverr. It's just a seller level. Levels do not determine your capability for success.

Were you also demoted from top-rated seller?

Nope. I've never been promoted to TRS. I've done just fine at all of the other levels. I don't need TRS to be a great seller.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, yengjim said:

They do rank gigs. That's the whole point of Fiverr. Everyone has their turn, some have their turns more frequent than others. 

No, they don't. Fiverr does not rank gigs, and gigs do not have rank in the search system. Gigs are specifically matched to buyers that the system thinks will purchase those gigs, based upon internal metrics only Fiverr know. Only those matched buyers will see a seller's gig. Other buyers will never never see it. There is no "every seller has their turn" anymore. That's not how Fiverr works.

• Like 5