Unresponsive Buyer

casestreetx

Question

I offer Pinterest Management services. I have a client that ordered a monthly package. They work for a brand and are extremely specific with their requirements, which is fine. The deadline for this service is 12 days. It is listed as 12 days because I need the full 12 days to complete the work. The client stopped replying to my messages for four days, meaning that I was extremely limited in being able to complete their work. On top of that, the client requested I get their permission with each change I want to make to the account, which would be fine if they answered my messages.

After four days they responded that this wasn't a priority compared to other tasks and that they were busy. I since haven't heard from them, so I have requested a four day extension, which they have ignored, and I have completed the order as much as I can without their input.

There is just under 24 hours left on the deadline. I've done as much as I can, but I am worried I will get a bad review because of this order. Additionally, what can I do to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for reading!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 answers to this question

I'm not familiar with how pinterest management services go so forgive me ahead if I miss anything out.

Did this project start in a way that you were provided all the details as necessary and you can deliver it ahead by the 12 day mark? Or is this arrangement a do one part get feedback again and again for the other parts until the 12 days are complete?

1 hour ago, casestreetx said:

I have completed the order as much as I can without their input.

If for example, this was something clearcut like a "Write 500 words" kind of gig and you did exactly as what was instructed and covered by the gig then by all means just deliver the order. They will be able to request revisions when they come back....

But if I'm understanding this right, you need to do a back and forth with the client for approval on certain steps to be able to complete the order? Might be a good idea to put an extra week on delivery to accommodate things like these in the future (not that you would delay delivery for any other clients -- just referring to situations like these) . 

• Like 3

Thank you for replying!

I received the details to begin, however they requested that I get feedback on all parts before making the changes.

I have completed the order requirements mostly. I only haven't scheduled their pins, as they requested I didn't do this until they approved the designs. I anticipate that they will return saying something like 'I don't like the pins you made'. But what can I do when they don't respond.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, casestreetx said:

I have completed the order requirements mostly. I only haven't scheduled their pins, as they requested I didn't do this until they approved the designs. I anticipate that they will return saying something like 'I don't like the pins you made'. But what can I do when they don't respond.

I see, this sounds like a difficult buyer 😅 I suggest you extend the delivery time to 2 weeks. Note that if you asked for an extension of 4 days, and the due date was lets say 18, but they approve the extension but only on the 20th, the due date would still be for 22. So just extend the delivery times as generously as possible for this case.  You are in a time crunch with a buyer that is not actively doing their part in this order, be firm (yet still polite) as you reach out to them.

You might need to factor in your pricing the time involved in doing back and forth with clients like these. Would it count as a revision to have you constantly change your pins? Might need to put more structure and explain it on your gig profile. I hope this helps. You can try contacting Customer Support as well  support@fiverr.com🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, casestreetx said:

I offer Pinterest Management services. I have a client that ordered a monthly package. They work for a brand and are extremely specific with their requirements, which is fine. The deadline for this service is 12 days. It is listed as 12 days because I need the full 12 days to complete the work. The client stopped replying to my messages for four days, meaning that I was extremely limited in being able to complete their work. On top of that, the client requested I get their permission with each change I want to make to the account, which would be fine if they answered my messages.

After four days they responded that this wasn't a priority compared to other tasks and that they were busy. I since haven't heard from them, so I have requested a four day extension, which they have ignored, and I have completed the order as much as I can without their input.

There is just under 24 hours left on the deadline. I've done as much as I can, but I am worried I will get a bad review because of this order. Additionally, what can I do to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for reading!

Pretty relatable. I've myself faced such buyers who do not respond to messages at all. In this situation, the best you can do is to complete the order according to their requirements and deliver it. They can later on ask for revisions if they want to but as you mentioned "the client requested I get their permission with each change I want to make to the account" sounds very complicated. 😂

• Like 2