New feature - Get matched with buyers

mjensen415

Nothing beats work waiting for you right in your inbox. And it’s coming to yours with our new feature replacing Buyer Request.

How does it work?

• Buyers submit briefs based on a set of specific questions
  • Our algorithm does its magic and sorts through thousands of skills and sellers
  • Sellers get briefs sent straight to them and communicate with buyers to decide if they want to bid
  • Buyers consider sellers bids and make their pick

Ready to meet your match?

More on matching: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4415601609361-Brief--Match-Finding-you-buyers?segment=seller

image.thumb.png.eabc6717de0d062c9802e886489440b2.png

• Like 211
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 5
  • Up 18
  • Thanks 9

6 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Does this replace Buyer Requests or compliment it?

My understanding is that they will run in tandem, at least in the short term. My experience with 'Briefs' has been poor - only received 1 message in about 6 months, so if that is the replacement for BRs, I'm not holding out much hope for any dramatic improvement. We shall see!  

• Like 130
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 2

I turned on the Briefs feature again about a week ago to give it another try. The types matches they made for me consisted of matching based on the word "writer," I think. One was for a fantasy book, the other a children's book, neither of which I offer. I did get one match that fit for me and I responded to, but the budget was way off. 

5 minutes ago, fiveroptic1 said:

if that is the replacement for BRs, I'm not holding out much hope for any dramatic improvement.

I'm not terribly hopeful at this point either, but I'm willing to see if they continue to refine the process and make the matches useful. 

• Like 119
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 5

Though in the original post it says "replacing Buyer Requests".

Surely they should keep both unless briefs was a lot better (for most sellers). But there may be buyer requests a seller can do that the briefs AI might not know the seller can do so it might just not show it to that seller.

The briefs AI may be too restrictive in which sellers it gives briefs to (maybe there are more restrictions on who can get briefs than there is with the BR page).

Also the briefs AI doesn't sound as open as the buyer requests section (eg. how exactly is it working? which sellers/seller levels can get the briefs)?

Also if less sellers will be eligible for briefs than are eligible for buyer requests, why replace buyer requests with briefs? Isn't that unfair to those who would be eligible for buyer requests but not for briefs?

• Like 119
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/16/2022 at 12:51 PM, fiveroptic1 said:

My experience with 'Briefs' has been poor -

I had it on for a week or so early on. None of the matches fit my services, so I turned it off. Then I turned it on last week and the matches have been better, but there was only one I wanted to apply for.

On 8/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, danno1950 said:

I'm not terribly hopeful at this point either, but I'm willing to see if they continue to refine the process and make the matches useful. 

Me too.

• Like 107
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Does this replace Buyer Requests or compliment it?

It's a replacement. But it will probably take some time to implement fully. 

21 hours ago, mjensen415 said:

Nothing beats work waiting for you right in your inbox. And it’s coming to yours with our new feature replacing Buyer Request.

21 hours ago, fiveroptic1 said:

My experience with 'Briefs' has been poor

I receive tons of briefs. They are never relevant and is just as lacking as buyer requests when it comes to details, if not worse. 

21 hours ago, mjensen415 said:

Ready to meet your match?

If the match-making was better than the dating websites of the 90s, I would be ready. But here's my latest "Brief": 

image.png.0d8233d59e17e8696dedcedc8135b3b7.png

I don't offer a single writing gig in English. I have a translation gig from English to Norwegian and vice versa. But this is not a translation request and it's not in my language. And when it comes to the details of this one, it's incredibly detailed, compared to the usual "Briefs". 

20 hours ago, uk1000 said:

But there may be buyer requests a seller can do that the briefs AI might not know the seller can do so it might just not show it to that seller.

This is exactly what happens with "Briefs" and this is the reason why they are useless. 

Buyer Requests have always been a bottomless pit. They should rename the feature to "Race to the bottom with a sprinkle of spam". 

But I'm afraid Briefs won't be much better, at least not in its current state. Different doesn't mean better. When I saw all the useless briefs, I expected Fiverr to pull the feature for good and start over. They clearly didn't. 

• Like 101
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 1

Here is my newest brief. It reminds me of a Buyer Request in that the work required is virtually impossible over the top, even if the budget is flexible. 

I checked the texts, and they were short sentences. There is a limited number of ways to reword short sentences. Early in my career, I reworded sentences for a buyer. He said, "I want them to be 100% different." I thought he was using a figure of speech. It turned out they were only 86% different, according to him, so CS canceled the order for him. 

Lesson learned! 

810746755_ScreenShot2022-08-16at12_20_31PM.thumb.png.2a5319bc4e05b973c8aed9a4b4adfb1f.png

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 93
  • Sad 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Given that new sellers hit the BRs section with a vengeance when they start on 5r,  primarily to get some form of traction - it will be interesting to see how 'briefs' , or whatever this ends up being called, actually works. If all this new 'feature' means is that the dross is sent to your inbox, rather than having to wade through it on BRs, then I have to ask, why bother? But it will also mean that because it's in your inbox - you've 'GOT' to reply to it, otherwise your response rate will suffer.
I really hope it's not going to be the same pile of poo - but just with a slightly different aroma!

• Like 88
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

On 8/16/2022 at 1:58 PM, vickiespencer said:

It does not come to your inbox. It comes through your notifications just like Buyer Requests do.

I just got a brief, and it came as an email and through notifications. They may have just added this feature.

• Like 81
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 5

I just noticed the "msg buyer" icon. Does this mean the seller will have access to my inbox if I submit a brief?

That would be just awful. I only have limited # of sellers with access to my mailbox for a reason. Around 2014 time-frame, I had to cancel my account and create this on (hence the #2 on my profile). I was getting crazy amounts of messages asking for work. 

• Like 84
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, gina_riley2 said:

I just noticed the "msg buyer" icon. Does this mean the seller will have access to my inbox if I submit a brief?

Boy, that's a key item to consider, Gina! Yes, the one time I responded, the buyer had access to my inbox. It was a very nice buyer, but I can see the potential for abuse.

Also - I just got another brief. To answer Instagram messages in Spanish for the buyer. Not even close!

• Like 77
  • Thanks 6

On 8/17/2022 at 3:18 PM, danno1950 said:

just got a brief, and it came as an email and through notifications.

When it comes through your e-mail, that does not affect your response rate or time.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:28 PM, gina_riley2 said:

Does this mean the seller will have access to my inbox if I submit a brief?

I cannot access the inbox of the buyers to whom I was matched. But I imagine if I create an offer for the brief and you, as the buyer, accept it, they would have access to your inbox. 

• Like 76
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

That would be just awful. I only have limited # of sellers with access to my mailbox for a reason. Around 2014 time-frame, I had to cancel my account and create this on (hence the #2 on my profile). I was getting crazy amounts of messages asking for work. 

This is what I get if I open the message buyer box in a brief. Does that not end up in the inbox? And if it does, will that create a new conversation, giving access to the inbox, or will it only do that if the buyer replies? Or is it a separate inbox inside the brief? 

image.png.7e470755ce6c449e707c4ef88b0ce978.png

• Like 79
  • Confused 6
  • Thanks 4

On 8/17/2022 at 2:04 AM, vickieito said:

I love Buyer Briefs, but I really hope that Buyer Briefs don't become like Buyer Requests:

At least we have an option to report these sellers:

I think having the option to report is huge improvement and difference to BR. It is hopefully thin out the spam through the report system. I always felt kinda stupid "cleaning" up the buyer requests without the possibility to report spam or tos violations. 

Edited by finndev478
  • Like 81
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 1

Finally, the wait is about to be over, I was desperately waiting for these new features, as the buyer's request sections were fully occupied with spam.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:00 PM, finndev478 said:

I think having the option to report is huge improvement and difference to BR. It is hopefully thin out the spam through the report system. I always felt kinda stupid "cleaning" up the buyer requests without the possibility to report spam or tos violations. 

I was also tired of seeing the seller's spam in the buyer's request section, they make the request as if they are buyers but in actual sellers. We all should follow the rules, and yes having a report option, It's a great initiative. 

• Like 82
  • Thanks 1

image.png.81c76bf64b0285a0b9bcb5d4315b7ad3.png

On 8/17/2022 at 2:02 AM, uk1000 said:

The briefs AI may be too restrictive in which sellers it gives briefs to (maybe there are more restrictions on who can get briefs than there is with the BR page).

This is another of Fiverr's initiatives to "match" qualified sellers with buyers. So, yes, the briefs will only be shown to sellers who have been pre-screened and "qualified." This is based on the information in your gigs, your "quality" performance (I believe), and the information on your gigs. I think it's much like the Buyer's Request in that it will only show to several sellers on each level.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:51 AM, fiveroptic1 said:

My experience with 'Briefs' has been poor

On 8/17/2022 at 3:03 AM, smashradio said:

I receive tons of briefs. They are never relevant and is just as lacking as buyer requests when it comes to details, if not worse. ...

...This is exactly what happens with "Briefs" and this is the reason why they are useless. 

On 8/17/2022 at 2:49 AM, vickiespencer said:

I had it on for a week or so early on. None of the matches fit my services, so I turned it off.
Then I turned it on last week and the matches have been better, but there was only one I wanted to apply for.

To all of you who say it's useless...have you given the AI a chance to calibrate to you? AI can't improve if you don't give it feedback. So if you are not providing feedback and only turning it off, then that won't help you at all. The matches will still be bad.

At first the matches will be poor, but that should improve over time based on your feedback. It only takes a few seconds to leave feedback, and based on my experience, it only took a week of feedback before the system understood what types of briefs I wanted to get. I only use it for resumes and beta reading and have told the system "I don't offer this service" for all other briefs (even if I do offer the service). Now I get notifications with about 3-5 relevant briefs a day.

Here are your choices: (I highly suggest reporting all spam, as Fiverr will take this seriously and will shut down sellers who are using this for their own promotion)

image.thumb.png.7ecfd43737952ce3c49e7236d15697cd.png

8 hours ago, smashradio said:

This is what I get if I open the message buyer box in a brief. Does that not end up in the inbox?

10 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

If a seller messages the buyer or sends an offer, it will show up in your normal inbox. You can sort your inbox for custom offers. This is a problem for sellers who also are buyers because it won't differentiate between your offers and the offers you may be getting from a buyer brief that you submit.

image.png.b8aef3ee407383edbbf83f46e910de59.png

This is how it'll look like if you are a seller:

image.png.5eeb1eece99812633e6736238a421c8e.png

I like this feature because you can withdraw it at any time (as I've done here). Sellers will also be notified immediately if the buyer withdraws the brief or accepts someone else's offer. If a seller contacts you after you withdraw or accept someone else's offer @gina_riley2, there is no excuse and you can immediately report them as spam. You should get less responses because Fiverr is prescreening and qualifying your matches, so you won't see as many responses as buyer requests.  I think it'll take time before the "qualified" matches are really qualified.

7 hours ago, finndev478 said:

This ... is ... awesome. 😊

I think this will greatly clean up the spam as long as sellers are willing to give the AI a chance to calibrate to their preferences and report all spam.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 74
  • Thanks 7

• 3 months later...

My experience with brief's has been poor. I found buyer requests much convenient. Even if you get briefs the budget is pathetic and some of them do not even match your services. Any ideas to make briefs work better?

Edited by aliayyaz
  • Like 53
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...