Jump to content
  • 0

How do I get my order completion rating fixed?


danstennett
 Share

Question

Hi All, 

FYI, my gig is programming script writing.

i have had nothing but 5 star reviews and always strive satisfy my buyers. however...

I have had a couple of quite tough buyers who misunderstood what they needed (misrepresent?) with their requirements for a few jobs now. The issue is that their requirements did not match their expectations and intentions for the script due to their (understandable) inexperience on the subject and environmental factors (usually performance) of which I cannot always resolve for them and very difficult to anticipate in order to set expectations prior to job creation.

In these cases, these led to the buyers understandably wishing to cancel the jobs, which I was more than happy to do as they were not satisfied in the end and forcing them to accept a purchase of a script that doesn't work for them would lead to bad reviews.

However this has caused my completion rating to drop which means I cant get to the next seller level.

I have always tried to resolve issues and tried to ensure buyers understand what they want so complete jobs end with happy customers.

Both the buyer and myself ended the jobs mutually. Why am I still penalized?? How do i get this fixed?

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
3 minutes ago, danstennett said:

Both the buyer and myself ended the jobs mutually. Why am I still penalized?? How do i get this fixed

Unfortunately you can’t fix it. You couldn’t satisfy your buyers and you cancelled to avoid bad reviews and that’s not the reason not to count it towards your completion ratio. 
The only case you can get it cancelled without affecting your stats is if client ordered wrong package and doesn’t want to pay more to upgrade or a service that you don’t provide and you are cancelling it right after the client placed an order. 
 

 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
1 hour ago, danstennett said:

Thanks for your opinion but its a bit of a shortsighted answer.

No, it’s just the answer that you didn’t like. 
 

1 hour ago, danstennett said:

however with scripting, some things you cannot script such as making the clients internet speed faster...

That’s why you have to make sure upfront if you can deliver it or not. If you want to protect yourself you can create FAQs stating the things that you will need from a client side to make let’s say his internet speed faster and if after they submit requirements and you check what they have doesn’t match your requirements then you can cancel without starting the work. Otherwise you couldn’t fulfil your promise if you don’t have FAQs and disclaimers on why you might not be able to take the order and what clients need to have in place for you to be able to deliver your work. 
 

1 hour ago, danstennett said:

If someone wants A which i can do, then makes an order, then realizes they actually want B which is literally impossible. Why should I be penalized for their cancellation?

And that falls under this 👇 

 

5 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

The only case you can get it cancelled without affecting your stats is if client ordered wrong package and doesn’t want to pay more to upgrade

 

  • Like 4
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
4 hours ago, danstennett said:

Unless I'm missing something, I see no option to refuse a job once the requirements are submitted (because it happens after the order is made), meaning i have to raise a dispute to cancel the order if they are impossible reqs and then I get penalized for it. Its the wrong way around.

There is. You cancel it and then you contact support to remove it from your stats but they will do it ONLY if you didn’t start the work and didn’t try to deliver the order and informed your client right away that what he ordered is not covered in your gig. 
And FAQs you need to protect your case for customer support. If you don’t have FAQs or disclaimers in the description then support wouldn’t be able to remove it from your stats. 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
24 minutes ago, danstennett said:

Haha begging customer support to remove it from your stats is not a feature, that's definitely a flaw.

Not in fiverr’s eyes. They want to evaluate cases and see if it’s legit buyer mistake or if sellers are trying to cancel orders as you are to avoid bad reviews. Otherwise they wouldn’t be and to evaluate your performance and your buyer satisfaction rate . 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -1
3 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Unfortunately you can’t fix it. You couldn’t satisfy your buyers and you cancelled to avoid bad reviews and that’s not the reason not to count it towards your completion ratio. 

Thanks for your opinion but its a bit of a shortsighted answer.

If someone wants A which i can do, then makes an order, then realizes they actually want B which is literally impossible. Why should I be penalized for their cancellation?

Is there really nothing in place for this situation?

It's a bit different for a designer such as yourself to just change a design to satisfy, however with scripting, some things you cannot script such as making the clients internet speed faster...

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -1
21 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

There is. You cancel it and then you contact support to remove it from your stats but they will do it ONLY if you didn’t start the work and didn’t try to deliver the order and informed your client right away that what he ordered is not covered in your gig. 
And FAQs you need to protect your case for customer support. If you don’t have FAQs or disclaimers in the description then support wouldn’t be able to remove it from your stats. 

Haha begging customer support to remove it from your stats is not a feature, that's definitely a flaw.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -2
15 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

 

If you want to protect yourself you can create FAQs stating the things that you will need from a client side to make let’s say his internet speed faster and if after they submit requirements and you check what they have doesn’t match your requirements then you can cancel without starting the work.

Unless I'm missing something, I see no option to refuse a job once the requirements are submitted (because it happens after the order is made), meaning i have to raise a dispute to cancel the order if they are impossible reqs and then I get penalized for it. Its the wrong way around.

Additionally, writing an FAQ provides no ratings protection. The user has no obligation to care about any FAQ can still cancel for any reason, and the seller gets penalized for that.

How are you not seeing the flaw here? xD 

here is an entire thread explaining this exact issue by another fellow programmer:

 

Edited by danstennett
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...