Order made but not created

strategist_ceo

I just came across a client who wanted me to complete a work "within the next few hours", but I didn't receive an order.

Apparently he could have paid (via Boleto, a Brazilian payment gateway) in a way that takes three days before the payment is confirmed.

He was asking me again and again, so I withdrew my offer.

It would be helpful if the order went into an "ordered but unpaid" status. I'm a little confused.

• Like 1
  • Up 2

Hi there.

You pick a good choice by withdrew your offer.

Based on experience , BUYER with hasty/super fast delivery requirement end-up as bad buyer.

Plus you already send an offer.., but they didn't accept it (due to many reasons).

FOR ME, is a NO NO project.

• Like 2
  • Up 3

4 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

It would be helpful if the order went into an "ordered but unpaid" status. I'm a little confused.

Don't you think ordered should = paid?

I have had buyers saying 'oh I have issues with payment, blah blah' but for me it's a potential scam. My view is no order = no work!

It's on the buyer to sort out their payment issues.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I just came across a client who wanted me to complete a work "within the next few hours", but I didn't receive an order.

Apparently he could have paid (via Boleto, a Brazilian payment gateway) in a way that takes three days before the payment is confirmed.

He was asking me again and again, so I withdrew my offer.

There is no work before placing an order.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

22 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

My view is no order = no work!

In this case, the payment was made, but the order was not created.

There is a delay in processing transactions conducted with this form of payment, apparently applicable to Brazilian buyers.

image.thumb.png.1b54e5748d35025f711a93961c813ec1.png

The 1-day delivery of this order has already expired by the time it was created (I'm assuming it started at the time that the buyer paid); I believe there is a delay in payment processing, which is why Fiverr assumed no payment has been made yet. I think it would have been helpful to receive some other form of notification like "order created, payment pending due to payment type" etc.

I'm disappointed when I realize that there has been a misunderstanding of some sort and that the buyer (or seller) has not been at fault. To the buyer, they had indeed made the payment, so...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

I only give buyers the benefit of the doubt if I've already had several problem-free orders with them. Otherwise it's a coin flip if they're being earnest or will even remember to come back and pay after they receive the work

On 8/17/2022 at 3:31 AM, strategist_ceo said:

In this case, the payment was made, but the order was not created.

There is a delay in processing transactions conducted with this form of payment, apparently applicable to Brazilian buyers.

image.thumb.png.1b54e5748d35025f711a93961c813ec1.png

The 1-day delivery of this order has already expired by the time it was created (I'm assuming it started at the time that the buyer paid); I believe there is a delay in payment processing, which is why Fiverr assumed no payment has been made yet. I think it would have been helpful to receive some other form of notification like "order created, payment pending due to payment type" etc.

I'm disappointed when I realize that there has been a misunderstanding of some sort and that the buyer (or seller) has not been at fault. To the buyer, they had indeed made the payment, so...

OH. What? That's nuts! I've never had that happen before. That's really weird...

• Like 1
  • Up 1