Cashing Earnings Out Early

lisadianern1

Can someone tell me what the requirements are in order to be able to cash out earnings early, instead of waiting two weeks to get paid?  I know sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't.  I thought it had to do with whether or not the buyer marked the order as complete... but I just had two orders marked as complete, and one with a 5 star review, but unable to cash out early....... still showing I have to wait two weeks?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, lisadianern1 said:

Can someone tell me what the requirements are in order to be able to cash out earnings early, instead of waiting two weeks to get paid?  I know sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't.  I thought it had to do with whether or not the buyer marked the order as complete... but I just had two orders marked as complete, and one with a 5 star review, but unable to cash out early....... still showing I have to wait two weeks?

Eligibility is determined based on your sales and performance history, quality measures, and compliance with Fiverr's Terms of Service and Community Standards. Your eligibility is automatically defined and can change on a daily basis.

Note: Currently, Early Payout is not available to everyone, and at the moment, we are not accepting requests. Please stay tuned for further updates. 

The above is from the help center: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4402267122449-Early-Payout#:~:text=Early Payout provides eligible sellers,sellers improve their cash flow.

If you're often in need of the early payout option, I suggest looking at your financial situation. Ideally, you should plan ahead so the use of this feature isn't needed. Try to save up a buffer for at least one year, if you can. 

Regarding the "quality measures", these are most likely determined by the private feedback, not your public reviews. Don't expect buyers to leave positive private feedback, just because you got a five-star public review. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

13 minutes ago, lisadianern1 said:

And strangely... sometimes the early payout is available immediately, and at other times, it happens about 3 days later.  About 2 months ago, everything I had was available as early payout... so I wondered what the deal was

Orders that haven't been completed and reviewed aren't available for early payout. So that might be the reason why some orders aren't available but others are. 

The private reviews are way more important than the public ones. They help determine your "buyer satisfaction rate". If that drops, you might see things like fewer impressions, sales, or no longer being eligible for stuff like early payouts or promoted gigs.

P.S. If you respond, please tag me with @ followed by my nickname or quote my post in your response by hitting "quote" on my post. Otherwise, i won't be notified about your response. 🙂 I can't follow all the topics I respond to without getting spammed by notifications. 😂

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, I am re-adressing this topic, because evidently this isn't an option any longer.  I have 20 orders that have cleared / in process of clearing.... NO option to cash out my earnings early.  NONE.  YOU cannot say that it was because maybe I got a private negative review, because several of these clients left nice tips..... and were very happy.... so that's not it.  I was a top rated seller , now I am under the seller 2 category.  No option to cash earnings out early.. Having to wait two weeks to get the money I earned. @smashradio  It's not a HUGE deal.. but it was nice being able to get paid in a timely manner at one time.  I have never had issues with a client being unhappy and wanting a refund???  I will always go the extra mile to revise the work as many times as they ask, no matter what the agreement was.  My main objective is making sure everyone gets what they wanted... so I'm not sure what's going on with this... but it's very frustrating.

Edited by lisadianern1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, lisadianern1 said:

So, I am re-adressing this topic, because evidently this isn't an option any longer.  I have 20 orders that have cleared / in process of clearing.... NO option to cash out my earnings early.  NONE.  YOU cannot say that it was because maybe I got a private negative review, because several of these clients left nice tips..... and were very happy.... so that's not it. 

Of course I can say that. You wouldn't know, because what buyers tell you in public and what they say in private doesn't have to be the same thing. I have nearly 900 five-star reviews, but even though I kept getting five stars about a year ago, my success manager warned me of my dropping satisfaction rate due to private reviews. If you insist on believing otherwise, that's a you-problem. I'm only trying to help.

If you have no early payouts, even on orders with positive reviews, then the reason is your gig quality/satisfaction rate/stats - in other words -  you're not eligible to use this feature. 

I was a top rated seller , now I am under the seller 2 category.  

As you say, you lost your Top Rated Seller status. That means your performance went down in some way, and this can also affect your eligibility. 

I have never had issues with a client being unhappy and wanting a refund???  I will always go the extra mile to revise the work as many times as they ask, no matter what the agreement was.  My main objective is making sure everyone gets what they wanted... so I'm not sure what's going on with this... but it's very frustrating.

That's great and all, but even if a client doesn't ask for a refund or leave a negative public review, they might respond differently to Fiverr's anonymous feedback. That's just how it is. I'm not here to tell you that you're doing bad work, I'm just saying it like it is: people aren't always honest about what they think in public, but when they get to tell Fiverr in private you can bet they will be more honest about their opinion and experience. 

I can only repeat my advice from earlier: as a freelancer, you should always have a raindy-day fund and preferably be able to live for at least a year without any work on that. If you always plan ahead like that, you never have to withdraw early or be stressed out about not getting paid faster. I don't care if Fiverr suddenly decides to hold our money for 30 days instead of paying me in a week, because I know I have a comfortable cushion. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 2