The buyer mentioned the google doc link in the feedback

kratika24

Hey, the customer actually gave me feedback stating that he completely reworked the script. He was the same customer to whom I previously explained that I don't create scripts based on blog posts. (It's because he warned me not to write anything other than the details provided in the blog post that was posted. Comparable to rewriting something I felt uncomfortable about this because I am not permitted to add any material or data from my own side. He obviously wasn't satisfied with the first order, but he nevertheless moved on to the second one anyway.) I did, however, gave my best. The issue is that I always give documents in.pdf format so that the visitors may view them.

However, he clicked on the revision tab saying that he needs the file in the .doc format.

Now, I am unable to actually show people the actual version of the script given that he claims to have revised it in the comments.

The worst part is that he included a link to his Google doc in the feedback, which displays his entire script. Now I hope I won't be held accountable if someone steals it or does anything else with the work.

• Like 1

Isn't the chance of someone stealing it the same if you publish it as a PDF and that becomes available publically? For writing projects, I never serve PDFs unless specifically asked for it, and if I do, I make sure it's not part of the portfolio. My client's privacy is important to me. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3