Top Tip: The key to tagging your logos šŸ—

Logo Maker Team

How to pick the elements in my logos correctly to reach the most relevant potential buyer

Tagging logos is different from tagging images on social media.

In social media, we want to tell our audience (our friends and family) about our experiences. We will tag what we FEEL (happy, love), what the experience is (fun, exciting), what we THINK it is (fun, cute), and so on.Ā 

In Logo Maker our audience is different. Itā€™s not our family or friends but people who want to find the right logo for their business. The logosā€™ matching algorithm is built from various attributes- Industry, style, type, brand personality and graphic elements (tags). We use those attributes so buyers can find their best match in the easiest way possible. In order to do so,Ā  we want to tell buyers what the logo actually IS.Ā 

Let's get into a buyer's head: She is looking for specific elements in visuals that would fit her business. If the buyer is in the real estate industry and wants a real estate logo with a house in it, she would choose ā€œReal Estateā€ as the industry, and tag ā€œhouseā€ in the graphic elements section.

When describing your elements, look at it as if you're looking at a picture and ask yourself: WHAT DO I SEE? And ONLY name that: hat, person, leaf, house etc.Ā 

A good differentiation would be: if we describe graphic elements in a logo of a house, we would use "HOUSE", and not "HOME" because home is how we feel in the house and not what we see.Ā 

Ā 

For Example: In the logo below, what do we SEE?

3le95VmsmiCnxDkyNWRxB8T3kGfaPzXiw6mndsX6qQxdIW9mZocPoL_deOCvx_RSHRA4n6oLkjGvwblQVmDfmaftUgP_N_UUkpS5p_46ETfhWUe3PU80IJ1Qf3vYof9IxjToANMEO5bbzLAnZd_8fQ

What should I avoid tagging?Ā 

• The words 'logo', 'logo design', 'design' or 'icon'- thereā€™s no need šŸ™‚
  • Words such as 'sketch', 'drawing', 'line art', 'watercolor'
  • Feelings/ emotions- what we feelĀ  (eg. 'happy', 'cheerful')
  • Adjectives/ what we think it isĀ  (eg. beautiful, elegant, clean)
  • Softwares I use to edit (ex. Photoshop, Illustrator)
  • Industries (this is why we have the industries in a separate section)--ex. real estate, e-commerce
  • Style- modern, old, chic, unique,
  • The style or type of the logo (we have a different section for that as well)--ex. minimal, mascot

Want to read more? check out our new article about tagging graphic elements in the Logo MakerĀ here

• Like 30
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 4

Huh. I am guilty, I think most of the tags that I am using were wrong. But I am still struggling how to solve that.

Your example is really simple - it has a lot of clear objects in it. But many many logos aren't like that. For abstract symbols and monograms there are really no objects that can be described.

For example, I have a logo of a cool monogram - letter K. What can I possibly tag other then "line", "modern" and stuff like that?

https://www.fiverr.com/logo-maker/choose-variation/projects/62f654554e6baa59882ec98e?brand_name=Brand Name&slogan=Slogan Goes Here&source=seller_share

Maybe you can suggest a solution? Or in this case is it better to leave the tag field close to empty?

• Like 19
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, vanadium1st said:

Huh. I am guilty, I think most of the tags that I am using were wrong. But I am still struggling how to solve that.

Your example is really simple - it has a lot of clear objects in it. But many many logos aren't like that. For abstract symbols and monograms there are really no objects that can be described.

For example, I have a logo of a cool monogram - letter K. What can I possibly tag other then "line", "modern" and stuff like that?

https://www.fiverr.com/logo-maker/choose-variation/projects/62f654554e6baa59882ec98e?brand_name=Brand Name&slogan=Slogan Goes Here&source=seller_share

Maybe you can suggest a solution? Or in this case is it better to leave the tag field close to empty?

Hey @vanadium1st
First of all, there are no wrong answers here- itā€™s just a chance to optimize your potential even more.Ā šŸ’ā€ā™‚ļø
If you have no elements in the design thereā€™s no need to tag anything, no need to fill this field, it maybe even better to leave it close to empty. It is sufficient if it is a monogram or an abstract generic logo. Your logo will be shown according to the industry you choose and the logo type- our algorithm takes that into consideration.
Consult us anytime, those questions are important to us!Ā 

• Like 14
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2