How long does it take to hear back about the W-9?

coeptussister

Question

8 answers to this question

17 hours ago, coeptussister said:

I need to start working ASAP

I just looked at your profile. While you wait, it would be a good idea to correct the spelling, grammar and capitalization errors in your profile description.

Your time would be well spent looking around the platform at other successful sellers' profile descriptions who are offering their services in your niche. After that, then improve your seller profile. You will be more successful on the platform if you do.

I know you are anxious to make money on Fiverr, but saying, "if you could please buy from me. i need money." is not a good look. Nor is it professional.

• Like 18

16 hours ago, wonderartstarot said:

So I contacted them for the same reason, it's been over a week now and I still haven't gotten a timeline.  They said because I'm in the US it takes longer but yeah...sorry! That sucks.

Please let me know if it gets to you because it's been over 11 days for me

• Like 9

We're resurrecting an old thread here, but I was wondering the same thing. 11 days? That's ... way longer than I expected. Here I am on Day 4. My university/degree is still in Pending status too. Figured automated systems would work faster than this. Unless it's not automated?

Is there any kind of info on average wait times? 

• Like 8

On 10/5/2023 at 10:28 AM, courtellyn said:

We're resurrecting an old thread here, but I was wondering the same thing. 11 days? That's ... way longer than I expected. Here I am on Day 4. My university/degree is still in Pending status too. Figured automated systems would work faster than this. Unless it's not automated?

Is there any kind of info on average wait times? 

I read somewhere else it can take up to 10 days but its been well over that amount for me. Everyone says just wait, but it's starting to get to a point where idk if I should contact them or just keep waiting.

• Like 9

On 10/6/2023 at 2:36 PM, lucrosart said:

I read somewhere else it can take up to 10 days but its been well over that amount for me. Everyone says just wait, but it's starting to get to a point where idk if I should contact them or just keep waiting.

Eesh, yeah, I'm starting to worry that every time I edit my Gig it returns to the back of the queue. Having so long to wait is giving me too much time to fiddle with it. 😕

• Like 6

Woohoo! My W9 finally went through, and I got to publish my Gig! Only took three weeks. 😝 But the support folks were great and let me know that the IRS is/was having issues processing all W9 forms, and a person I know in the security field said "Yeah, the IRS is dealing with security issues right now." Maybe the two are connected, maybe not. 

Yours get approved yet, @lucrosart @wonderartstarot?

Edited by courtellyn
  • Like 4