Its been 3 week i recieved me first message . Dear buyer , don't u care to reply ? huh

venom_hunt

Honestly, it happens all the time. You shouldn’t take it personally, some people just message a lot of sellers and then select one that is a good fit for what they need. It’s kind of like when you never hear from an employer after an interview. Yes, it’s kind of rude but I wouldn’t think too much about it. It is how it is.

I had someone message me about 9 to 10 months ago. About a month ago, they picked up the conversation like I had a clue what they were talking about. I have had buyers order from me 3 months after they said they would order from me in a “week”. Expect the unexpected and as others have said, just move on. Don’t worry about it, a new buyer will help fill the void eventually! 😛

@venom_hunt,

Here’s how I look at it…

My Profile and Gigs are my Storefront in the Fiverr Mall surrounded by other stores that offer services similar to mine.

Buyers come into my shop, look around, and ask questions. Some people buy, and some don’t. Some move on to the shop next door.

It’s the same as any store YOU go in. Sometimes you ask questions and/or buy something and sometimes you don’t. You don’t owe the shopkeeper an explanation as to why you don’t buy or why you’re leaving. And you certainly don’t care about the shopkeeper’s feelings when you do leave.

~B

Reply to @venom_hunt: I’d suggest editing your gigs and trying to improve them instead of just deleting them. For me, it took over a month before anyone actually ordered my first gig, and I edit my gig descriptions almost weekly to rephrase or clarify the information, and to attract buyers. Yes, it’s a lot of work, but once you hit something that works you’ll notice it in the gig stats.

So don’t give up, that first buyer will come. And many more after that. The trick is to refine your gig description, upload recent example pictures, etc… until your gigs are perfect and will catch the visitor’s eye within seconds.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck on Fiverr but I would suggest you read the stories on the forum about buyer abuse and crappy support first, so that you’re prepared for the fact that you won’t get any help whatsoever if something not so good happens (like money disappearing from your account, or buyers blackmailing you into working for free).

Reply to @freelancemm:

That is the worst! It’s like, honestly? You messaged me 3 months ago what do you expect? Gotta love some of these buyers.

However, I would say overall I see quite a few buyers make purchases after messaging me. It is always a good idea to answer their questions, you never know what kind of sale you might make!

Yup that’s what happens! A lot of buyers will contact me first about a prospective gig but then never reply back and to be honest I’ve done it a couple of times as well. It usually just means they’re not interested in your services anymore or maybe they’ve found someone else to do the work. Then again, I’ve also had people contact me two or three weeks later asking if I can do the work for them still 🙂

Archived