Fiverr click

sabbir_afran

On 7/29/2022 at 12:25 AM, sabbir_afran said:

How many buyers in this market

From searching online, I found in 2020, there were 3.42 million and 830,000 sellers. However, once the pandemic happened, the number of sellers was said to double and even triple in some categories.

• Like 7

On 7/29/2022 at 7:25 AM, sabbir_afran said:

How many buyers in this market

In the Fiverr Q1 2022 shareholder letter they said there were "4.2 million active buyers", "11% y/y growth".

I agree the number sellers/gigs have probably increased a lot compared to those buying (each new gig might stand less chance of getting an order due to increased competition from other gigs).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@dev_hridoydatta  I disagree.  The most important thing that a new seller has to do is get a spot on profile @sabbir_afran  if you're only selling one gig then that gig has the be perfect.  What's the point of spending all day replying to buyer requests if when they land on your profile it looks incomplete and poorly worded? 

You're a digital marketer.  'Digital marketing 101' is know your audience.  If you're targeting English speaking clients then make sure your gig is grammatically correct. Your clients will expect this, so why is it not reflected in your gig?  I would concentrate on that before sending any more requests as quite frankly you're just wasting your time.

The CONTINUOUS message to new buyers that they just need to send buyer requests to get sales is very frustrating, and misleading to say the least.   

Step 1. Get your profile and your gigs right

Step 2. Check it 

Step 3. Check it again 

Step 4. If you're still not getting sales then keep checking and improving. 

Your profile is your shop window and your gigs are your products.  You wouldn't go into a shabby and dirty store and buy substandard products would you? well neither will your potential customers.  

Being a freelancer with no sales after 2 months is very common.  Why should you be different to anyone else? The only way you can improve this is to put the hard work in.  No one else on here can do it for you

Good luck n your fiverr journey 

Breals

Edited by breals
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2022 at 6:12 PM, breals said:

Your profile is your shop window and your gigs are your products.  You wouldn't go into a shabby and dirty store and buy substandard products would you? well neither will your potential customers.  

I WOULD, however, walk into a shabby restaurant (as they are sometimes really good, at least in some places.) Jokes aside I really hope people start thinking this way, however I think it might take a while for that to happen still. 

(I have a theory that there's a fair share of people who think that TRS/experienced sellers are gatekeeping and secretly staying up all night staring at the screen, but I think I might just watch too much drama, haha.) 

Thing is, there's actually plenty of new sellers on the forum right now who are selling something that I need (well, I will need soon.) I actually check out their posts just to see if we could 'vibe' but no one has passed the 'check' so far, which is honestly a little sad. 

On 8/6/2022 at 6:01 PM, dev_hridoydatta said:

Be active and try to send all the buyer requests daily. As a new seller you have to focus on sending buyer requests. 

Out of the 600 orders I've completed over the years, perhaps 15 had come from BR (and no, not the first 15) AND the majority of them are from people overseas (compared to me) so when they message me for the first time, I'm snoring away. New sellers should focus on setting up great gigs and actually selling something that they are good at. 

It worked for me and hundreds of others, at least. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1