Can we use external logos in our gig images?

ahmedlone112

Question

I am really confused about this and I hope people here can help me out. So you know how social media promoters use twitter/instagram/facebook logos on their gig images right? I wanted to know if that's allowed , for example I am a software developer that works in Python and would like to use the Python logo in my gig images but I am not sure If I should because it might get taken down saying that I don't own the logo . But then why are the other logos like twitter/instagram/facebook allowed? Also please don't say they are breaking rules and will be caught  at one point because https://www.fiverr.com/content/rt/gig-images the image templates given here also contain them .

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

Hi ahmedlone112 👋

As you can see from Fiverr TOS here, you should not

"use logos of other companies or platforms without owner consent or license holder permission. Learn more with Fiverr's Terms of Service for each logo."

But also, as you can see from Python logo's guidelines:

Projects and companies that use Python are encouraged to incorporate the Python logo on their websites, brochures, packaging, and elsewhere to indicate suitability for use with Python or implementation in Python. Use of the "two snakes" logo element alone, without the accompanying wordmark is permitted on the same terms as the combined logo.

They even give you PNGs and vector files for it to publish on your work/mktg material!

Therefore, since you have permission to use the logo, not as your own, but "to indicate suitability for use with Python or implementation in Python", I'd say you are free to add it without any doubt or fear 👍

• Like 4