I have an opportunity to use ARS to rate a Seller

voiceoverwork

May 20, 2014 (pre ARS) I bought a gig from a newbie I saw on the Forum. No big deal. Once in awhile when it looks interesting, I buy a newbies gig to help them crack the seal so to speak.

I bought the Gig and what was delivered was unusable for me. Instructions in Chinese and required downloading and installing an executable on my PC. No.

I contacted the Seller (politely) stating that the Gig description omitted several important details, and simply offered my advice as to how the Seller should update gig description to make future buyers aware of the Chinese instructions and that downloading and installing an executable is required to operate the program.

Seller was cordial, offered to help me, but I was not going to install anything, any of my PCs. And an internet search showed the program widely available for free download. I told the Buyer that I would not rate his gig (positively or negatively) and that it was only $5, so no real harm was done, and I wished him well. (Note: He has since removed this gig).

Since May 20, I have “How was your experience with the seller?” sitting in my TO DO list. Today out of the blue, up pops an opportunity to rate this purchase with the new ARS instead of the previous TU/TD… and I gotta say I’m really tempted to rate to see how ARS works, but I promised the Seller I would not. Also curious what happens when rating a gig that is either suspended or deleted?

Would rate 5 stars for Communication. He was open and supportive.

Would rate 1 star for Service as Expected. Problem is, what did I even expect?

Would rate 1 star for Buy Again/Recommend. But even if I liked what I bought, what reason to buy again?

Still, whatever I do or don’t do, as a Buyer I don’t want this as part of my buying experience.

voiceoverwork said: I buy a newbies gig to help them crack the seal so to speak.

very generous of you. :)

voiceoverwork said: Note: He has since removed this gig

Wise decision!

voiceoverwork said: Would rate 1 star for Buy Again/Recommend. But even if I liked what I bought, what reason to buy again?

well, there are many gigs which you buy only one time cuz you don't need it again and again, so definitely 1 star if rated honestly. :P

I guess the required language on Fiverr is English or at least all Fiverr instructions and guidelines are in English. There is no doubt that communication may be a problem for some on Fiverr. My English is not perfect but I can get by. I do get some buyers who I have a hard time communicating with. I may try a few times, but if we can’t communicate than I tell them I can’t do the gig for them.

That was mart not to install an executable file on your your computer.

bestinmarket said: well, there are many gigs which you buy only one time cuz you don't need it again and again, so definitely 1 star if rated honestly.

In fairness to this utterly impeachable system, it does say "buy again" / "refer" ...so you could tell someone else about it.

However, your point remains.

Imagine an anti-social curmudgeon with no friends to refer who buys a 1-off product. 1 Star. By definition ...no defect in the offer... bad information to future buyers.

Archived